Chapter 25 - Final Round

♠️♦️♣️♥️

- 3RD POV -

The team went out from the cave and the rendezvous point that all of them had set. Now, this is where they will part to prepare for their final round of battle.

Well, hopefully.

As they planned, they will split into four teams. Here are our teams for the final round.

"Alright, this is where we split up. Take care of each other, alright?" Ludwig looks up his comrades that they have working together for four days.

"You can count on us!" chanted Vladimir with an optimistic tone in his voice.

Looking at Kiku with his bright blue eyes, Ludwig stares at him for so long that it causes Kiku an utter confusion. Suddenly, Kiku can feel his body being dragged towards Ludwig and his face was hot red. At that moment, Kiku knew that he was blushing furiously but there's a thing that attracts his attention even more. His ear could catch the sound of Ludwig's heartbeat that is pumped so fast until it can burst.

"Y...Your heartbeat...Ludwig-kun...You.."

Ludwig didn't utter a word. Kiku tries to take a glance at his surroundings but he just can't. The more he watches, the more he feels embarrassed especially when seeing everyone frown at Ludwig's action. Shortly, Ludwig let Kiku from his arms and looked at both of the Honda twins.

"Kuro, please take care of the Queen. And Kiku, send my regards to Feli."

"Alright." Both of them respond at the same time.

They both left Ludwig and joined Roderich Gilbert and Vladimir. Ludwig, on the other hand, can't stop himself from glaring at the team. Maybe because he didn't want his brother to be noisy with Kiku as he wanted to gossip or something. Somehow, he tried to ignore that feeling and moved out to join Francis, Lovino and Young Soo.

———————————————————————

(Arthur, Lukas, Nataliya and Elizaveta)

Arthur and Lukas went to the borders to check all the holes once more. Luckily for them, there aren't any flaws on the magic circle except the spell was active. Feeling relief that the Anti-Core Cut Spell works, they return to the base where the Clubs' soldiers, lead by both Elizaveta and Nataliya in their respective two battalions.

"Ladies, looks like the spell works." Arthur took a gaze  onto the Queen and Ace of Clubs who are equipped with a full set of armour. "We only have 10% of the borders that need to be fix. So it can be done as soon as possible."

"A...Arthur...You would not-..."

"Alright, then. Elizaveta, don't worry. This time I won't use a single drop of my powers." Arthur thought quite long. "But, if necessary, when the situation is out of our hands, I may be forced to use it. Remember that."

"Okay." sighed Elizaveta.

Arthur turns on his earpiece to communicate with the others.

"Alright, everyone in your position?"

"Yes!" exclaimed others.

"Well, let's play the final game."

————————————————————————

(Flashback during the meeting at the morning) (Dialogues)

LILLI : In case our enemies know how we communicate , we need to change our way to communicate. In the previous round, we used our last names right? It caused confusion since some of us have the same last name such as Kiku and Kuro and Ludwig and Gilbert. Also, Arthur's big brother, Carl. We need to settle another way.