Chapter 26.6 - Incident at University

Second-year of university

As people are in their slumber for the dark of night, one person remains as a night owl of the university's library. The lines of the shine from the moonlight reflects the student's square-shaped glasses. A stack of books on several subjects are messing the table along with a couple of spreadsheets. The scrawling from the pen echo the quiet library. As the student began flipping the pages, he writes on a piece of parchment, for his essay as he said.

"As the great war between the Four Great kingdoms is far from over, hope for humanity and peace seems to have been faded as the greed for lust and power continues among the individualistic men. The four kingdoms, Spades, Hearts, Clubs and Diamonds, keep broken the peace treaty among themselves when the seven deadly sins influence the men in the kingdom, encouraging the lust for war."

The student took out an object out from his pocket and put it on the table. As the thing contacts the surface, its legs spread out and revealing a crystal clear lens. A empty sac was filled by a shiny blue liquid, making that tool moving and the reflection of a student projected in front of him.

"Budda, are you working? Well, there's an image of me so I think it works." The student put down his pen and began to work on his tool.

"Alright. Budda, recordari! Arthur Kirkland, Mensis Ianuarius, 4th day. Got it, Budda?"

The student, Arthur Kirkland, grabs another book and flip to the spine of the book. Glazing word by word, his pen was in his grip again and continues to do his job.

"During the Middle Ages, as the kingdoms were facing the crisis due to poverty. The rich took the loot from the poor and society was really screwed up at that era. As the rulers depend on gold as source of wealth, it took quite some time for them to discovered that the group of wizards who live in the rural areas or near the city of the kingdom have the ability to change objects into gold. Thus, the rulers requested this group to turn a lot of old accessories and cutlery into gold. Not so surprising that they refused as the forbidden of gold transmutation is one of the main taboos among the wizards due to the dark impact given towards the world and it violates the Laws of Universe."

Blop. Blop.

Arthur glance on his pocket watch. "It's getting late now. I better head up to the dormitory before the gate closes. Budda, stop recording."

He returns all the reference books back to where it belongs. When Arthur collected his parchments and the spreadsheets, he heard a distinctive footsteps from outside.

Tap. Tap. Tap

"Whose there?!" Arthur pulls out his wand and emitted the light from the tip. There's nothing on the main door but he doubt it as he could hear the footsteps and the fact that Arthur himself is a sensitive listener.

His bushy eyebrows straighten sternly. Arthur grabs his coat and scarf to cover his whole body, as winter reaches its peak of the low temperature on January, a few days after New Year. Slowly, he began his pace and his footsteps slowly reached the main door of the library. Bobbling his head out, he looks the situation in every direction but there's no sign of a living thing that he can detect.

"No one's here...But..."

The university had been received surprisingly amount of complaints by the students about a group of fetishers in the kingdom and currently want to influenced the university students. This had cause a spike of increase of assaults in the university. 6 attacks had happen so far, all targeted towards a person who has a certain feature. A trait that is so rare among the citizens of the kingdom and only made up about 0.5% of the population.