Chapter 31 - Aftermath

♠️♦️♣️♥️

- 3RD POV -

Still wearing the black garment, the team was in a church where the body of Stefan was. After several discussions with Stefan's only living family relatives, they accepted the decision for Stefan to be buried at the Spades cemetery. Both Alfred and Francis tried as hard as they could to hold their tears and not show it in front of the others, especially Arthur as it would tarnish his feelings even more. Feliciano, who also knows the fact that happened to Stefan, weeps with the handkerchief on his hand, calmed by his brother, Ludwig and Kiku. But even so, Lovino tried to not drop a single tear, though Antonio, who noticed this.

"F...Fratello...Are you okay?"

"I'm not fucking crying...! I'm not going the fuck to cry...!"

Antonio pat Lovino's shoulder. "Lovi, if even you who weep hardly like this, the others could have done it as well as they are close friends. But of course, late Stefan doesn't want us to be gloomy for so long."

"Nii-san, don't cry..." Kiku tried to persuade his brother Kuro who tried to hold himself from crying. As the mass of ex - students paid their last respect towards Stefan by putting white and yellow flowers, particularly a bunch of carnations and daffodils...

Kiku can't see Arthur among them.

He reached Alfred who was having a chat with his brother Matthew.

"Alfred-san, have you seen Arthur-san anywhere?"

Alfred's mouth was zippend tight for quite a while before he tells Kiku about Arthur. "Arthur, he, he locked himself into the bedroom and told the servants that he did not wish to meet anyone."

"Carl is going to meet him for awhile before he heads home. It's best to let them talk. Brotherly talk, right?"

Kiku nodded. "Yup. It's best to leave him for awhile and have a peaceful mind."

———————————————————————

- ARTHUR'S POV -

"Arthur...Arthur..."

I ignored my brother. My biological brother. The death of Stefan and the truth that happened to him was too heavy for me to take. I thought I could see him again after so long that I didn't give a second thought to look at the real him. He was actually dead at that waterfall 6 years ago and no matter how many times we have met this year, I can never accept the fact that I didn't realise he was transmuted to threaten the peace of our world.

I can't stop thinking about every person that I cared about. My mum, my dad, and Stefan. Why did they need to die? Why does Stefan have to be resurrected back? Can't those guys leave him to rest in peace?! Thinking about him just made my mind tortured.

Suddenly, I feel a pair of arms wrap around me with someone continuously calling my name.

"Arthur! Arthur! Calm down!"

My mind returns to reality. Yes! The reality. I am now wearing my dark royal military garment and I see a magic circle in front of me was activated. I was shaken to my inner strength.