Chapter 18 - The Search Continues

♠️♦️♣️♥️

- LUDWIG'S POV -

After we left the cave, I turned on the crystal ball again to contact Feli and tell him the news about Kiku. As I expected, he burst out his tears and whined, receiving the news that Kiku is dead, and I will be dead as well but I guess he had surrendered to the fate that ensured us.

"Ve! I...I will be alone...Kiku is already dead and you will be dead not longer after. Fratello is busy at the Diamonds and he rarely returns to the Hearts-."

"Feli, come down. You still have Antonio-."

"But I will lose you! And Kiku!" Feliciano can't believe that the mid-winter festival a few weeks ago will be the last time he goes out together with both Ludwig and Kiku as his best friends and not for duty purposes. Now that they will die, Feli knows that he will be alone.

"Feli, listen to me. I'm not regretting anything about it except one. If you want to ask what I regretted the most, that is for not visiting my bruder. Haven't I investigated earlier and didn't believe what those dummkopf said, I wouldn't have separated from my bruder for 3 years." This time, I was being honest to Feliciano instead of scolding him.

I don't know if this would make Feli better but the death of Kiku seems to have affected him so greatly. Since before those two are the Queen and Jack respectively, they have been good friends. And of course when I believed the councillors, I thought that my bruder is the reason I suddenly ascended the throne as the King of Hearts and Kiku was brought into the castle as my Queen. Now that I know the truth, I feel guilty towards my bruder and now that he went missing, I regret not being able to make it up for him.

"Ludwig." Roderich patted me from the back. I know from his heart, he also fell in grief for losing his two childhood best friends.

"Gilbert, he would not want any of this to happen. He was someone who is straightforward and I don't think he thinks that everything he does is difficult. He would never want to see you cried and did nothing. After me  and Elizaveta got separated from him for years,  we always hoped that we would get to see him again. And my dream came true when he suddenly appeared at the Flush." He reminisced about the day he met my bruder after so long.

"Anyway, dudes. According to Yao, they found the third piece in Kiku's study." Alfred came to us with the updates. "Now all we need is Arthur's piece and it's completed. Feliciano is still at the Spades, helping Yao to find the last piece of their map."

"Huh...So, did it show how many caves are in this area?" Francis joined the conversation.

"Well, currently on the map, it shows that there are 5 caves. At least Mattie and Gil went to one of these caves, or two, if they are separated as well." Honestly I'm surprised that Alfred is able to analyse the map.

"Well, we better move now." Ivan said with a smile, which can give us the creeps. "The wind is getting strong. Usually there would be a storm happening afterwards.

"Then what are you waiting for! Let's move it, you dumbasses." Lovino marched to the front with Alfred who navigated us according to the map.

According to the map, the caves are quite near to each other. I told them not to sneak into the caves freely as they wanted. Even so, we don't know anything about this place. The habitats, climate and much more. Well, I mean, what happens if you accidentally run into a polar bear or a Tundra wolf? I guess anything is really possible in this peculiar world.

Still, this vast area is really huge to explore. Even so, we only have a few days of life span left. For at least, and Alfred, we want to see our respective brothers before we die very soon. No! If we want to return to the Cardverse quickly, we need to minimise our search course.