𝟜𝟡 • 𝔼𝕩𝕡𝕝𝕠𝕤𝕚𝕠𝕟

I sat with Maria at her table. I and everyone else had already eaten. We lounged together. It's been a while since it had been just the two of us. Kahira, Killian, and Kuchel were outside with Sam, Jonathan, and Erwin along with the other kids.

I sunk my forehead into the palm of my uninjured hand and sighed.

"You okay?" Maria hesitated to ask.

"I don't get a choice on whether or not I get to be." I replied. "I really thought I lost them— all of them. To everyone their crime would be being born as my children. I almost lost you twice simply because you're friends with me."

"(F/n)–"

"I don't think you get it, Maria. People have wanted me dead before I was even born and now they're going after everyone I care about involved. The fact that I know that has been haunting me." I confessed. "The difference between Eren and I is: he wasn't born anyone special, but he sure as hell is making himself special." I commented. "Call me selfish, but I just want to live with Levi and my kids. I don't want to care about the Rumbling or anything else." I placed my hands in my head, "All I have to do is keep Levi and my kids alive and fight Eren and this will be over."

"So what do you plan to do?"

"The Yeagerist are everywhere. I need to hide my parents and find my kids somewhere safe to hide. After, I'll meet you with the old squad." I informed Maria. "I'll get Clayton to stay here with you for your and the kid's protection. Since everyone knows your connection to me. I need you to send one more letter to Nicole and that'll be it for you." I sighed. I looked out the window, "But I'm going to let the kids play a little longer."

Maria softly smiled at me. "It'll be over when it's over, don't worry too much."

"That's the hope... God, I feel like I'm gonna vomit." I draped myself over the table. Maria rushed over to get a trash can.

"About two months now?" Maria asked.

"Three months." I answered. I took the trash can from her hands.

"And you still look like that? Not even a tiny bump? I'm jealous."

I clutched over the trash can and released everything had I just eaten. Great, now I'm going to be hungry again with absolutely no appetite. I stayed over the trash can just in case. Maria laughed at my pain, "You're the one who said you'd never get pregnant again. Look at you now. Is Levi's-"

I threw a spoon at her to shut her up. She dodged and laughed it off. Maria's husband came into the dining and kitchen area. He greeted Maria with a kiss on her temple while keeping his hands on her swollen stomach. They were expecting very soon. He handed for a bouquet of flowers with a cute letter attached to it just because.

He greeted me as well, but I still slump over the trash can in a pile of pain. I just waved at him.

"Where are the children?" He questioned.
"Outside." Maria answered.

He nodded and headed outside. I was comfortable lifting my head up again. The nausea had gone away and was replaced by general pain.

"He's such a sweetheart. It makes me want to puke even more. Is he treating you right?" I questioned.

"Not a day he doesn't. He kinda has to. Did you forget Sam is my son?" Maria smiled. "But really he's wonderful. He does cute things for me all the time like this," referring to the flowers and letter, "And he makes me blueberry pancakes in the morning and he'll just randomly decide that I need a break and let me have an entire day to myself. How about Levi?"

"He calls me brat." I stated.

"And behind closed doors?"

"He still calls me brat, but he'll randomly decide that I'm not walking anymore and carry me. He also gives me a glass of water in the morning, then water and tea for breakfast and periodically through the day to make sure I'm hydrated. He's always a huge cuddler which is annoying sometimes especially when I can't get out of bed before him."