𝟜𝟟 • 𝕀𝕟-𝔾𝕣𝕠𝕦𝕡

Your POV

I ended my first nights away at Nicole's home. She accommodated me like always. We sat at her dining room together. She was alone most of the time at home now that Kylie was a recruit. Kylie joined the Scouts like she always said she would.

Now, Nicole was alone with her dog, Jumper. Nicole never remarried or entertained the idea. Kylie was enough for her. She just worries for her all the time.

"I'm sorry." I said to her.

"Why are you apologizing?" She asked me.

"I promised to keep Kylie safe a long time ago, but so much has changed since then." I said. I did promise her. If everything went according to plan, she would be as long as the Scouts never caught her and Yeagerist never found her out. Right now, she was working as a spy for me. She was posing as a Yeagerist to recover information that wasn't presented to me in my visions. Those messages were relayed in encrypted letters to her mother which found their way to Maria then me. To send information to Kylie it was the same exact process except reversed.

No one was aware of this except for Maria, Nicole, Kylie and I. Not Hanji, Levi or his squad, not any military official. The only exception to that was Jean. Jean was the only person not in the group who was aware of Kylie. He had to keep that information from everyone. He gave me his word he would.

Nicole sighed, "This is the path Kylie choose. She made her own decisions. She's loyal to you and believes in you. There's not much I can do except believe in you too."

|||

When I arrived home, the children ran into my arms and bombarded me with hundreds of questions.

"Mommy, where'd you go?"
"Why'd you leave us?"
"Don't leave again."
"Take us with you next time."
"We were so worried."

I gently shushed them. I told them it was okay. "You don't have to worry. You don't have to be with me all the time. I left and everything turned out okay, right? You don't have to worry about Mommy leaving because everything will always be okay."

They all hugged me, refusing to let go. I smiled at them. I told them to run along to the play room so we could play Monsters & Machines together. They cheered and ran.

I stood and looked over to Gilda. "Thank you for watching them by yourself. How were they?"

"They were fine, not a problem at all." She said. "Two letters did come in, one from Maria and another from Levi. Do you know when he's expected home again?"

"We won't be expecting him for awhile. Letters is how's it's going to go." I stated. "He's still very important in the Scouts. It'll be some time until he can retire."

"Do you know where he is?" Nicole asked.

"Uh, no. That information is kept secret. Hanji, the soldiers with him, and the three soldiers that send supplies are the only ones aware. I think it's safer that way." I told her. "It's just disappointing I can't see him in my visions. Anyhow, take the day for yourself. I've got this." I smiled towards her.

"Are you sure?" She questioned.
"Yeah." I told her.

"Well, in that case, I'm going to go to town." She informed me.

"I always wanted to ask." I started."Who are you always meeting in town anyway?"

A blush flew across her face, "Ah, no one, no one." She said completely flustered. She bid me and the children goodbye. I chuckled at her behavior. I walked further into my home with the letters to go play with the kids.