𝟜𝟞 • 𝔻𝕚𝕗𝕗𝕖𝕣𝕖𝕟𝕥 ℂ𝕠𝕟𝕟𝕖𝕔𝕥𝕚𝕠𝕟𝕤

Your POV

"Gilda," I stated. "Take care of the children. I have things to attend to." I stated. "I should be back in two days."

"Your Grace, where are you going? You really shouldn't be on horseback." Gilda stated.

"I and the baby will be fine." I replied. "The children are already in bed. I put them to sleep early. Just take the night to yourself." I mounted onto my horse. "I'll see you." I rode off into the distance.

|||

"(F/n)," Zeke stated.
"Zeke," I said acknowledging his presence emotionlessly. I find it hard to believe I'm actually related to him. My connection with Zeke was through royal blood, the same as Historia. And my connection to Eren was through the Founding Titan.

"Oi, shitty monkey, don't talk to my wife," Levi said glaring pensively at Zeke. He turned to me with softened his, but usual stoic face. He spoke, "We need to talk."

"I'm aware. That's why I'm here." I responded.

"Keep an eye on him. If he even moves an inch, tell me." Levi commanded a squadron of soldiers.

"Sir." They said in unison and put all their attention to watching Zeke.

Levi and I distance ourselves from them for some privacy. Levi completely lowered his guard now that it was just me.

"I'm always glad to see you, but why are you here? Where are the kids? You know shouldn't be on horseback." Levi questioned.

"I have a multitude of things to do. I'm still running the Walls just in the shadows now. It means a lot less paperwork and meetings for me." I stated. "The kids are fine. They're at home with Gilda."

"I get that, but why aren't you with them?"

"They have to get used to not being around me," I stated bluntly.

"Is there a deeper meaning to that or do you just want them to be independent?" Levi questioned solemnly. Obviously, he'd be concerned if I was trying to distance myself away from our children.

"I can't tell you the answer to that. Just take it as you will." I said.

Now, I had successfully worried him. His brows frowned in concern. "(F/n), does anything happen to you?"

"I actually wanted to talk to you about something," I said, completely avoiding answering his question.

"Oi, don't do that," Levi ordered. "This not being able to tell me things is getting worse and worse. You could've prepared me for all of it for Erwin, for Sasha, for everyone. Now you're just flat out ignoring my questions."

"You know how I feel about telling you about the things I see," I told Levi. "I'm not going to argue with you. You lost Sasha and it hurts, I know, but my stance on the matter doesn't change. If you have known Sasha was going to die, the outcome would remain the same, it always does."

Levi took in what I said and thought for a moment. "Fine." He said agreeing with me. He held both my hands and placed them side-by-side to feel their warmth. Just because he agreed to not ask about the future, didn't mean he didn't worry. He brought my hands to his lips to kiss my knuckles. "But is everything okay? Our time together nowadays has been limited and still is, but this front you but on for everyone else won't work on me. You've been like this for two years... after that nightmare, things have changed, and mostly your relationship with Eren... What happened between you and Eren?"

I signed. I knew this question was going to come up at some point. I took my hands away from Levi and brushed through my hair. I explained it the best way I could. "You feel what I feel, right? You feel my anger, my sadness, my happiness. Even when we don't agree you can understand why I say the things I say and why I do the things I do."