𝟘𝟝 • 𝔾𝕣𝕒𝕕𝕦𝕒𝕥𝕚𝕠𝕟

Your POV

My eyes flutter open, everything was blurry at first but then my eyes readjusted to my room. I sat up slowly from my bed and rubbed my eyes open. After everything that has happened today with Marco dying and Annie being a titan, it's time to choose... Scouts, here I come.

I grabbed my crutches and headed towards the stage.

I spotted Armin, Annie, Jean, Sasha, and Connie in a corner. Even just walking there I could feel the gloom aura around them. Why wouldn't there be? We started with 218 cadets and now there's a little over 100 of us left.

Armin shouted excitedly to get everyone's attention, "Hey guys, look it's (F/n)." I waved in response and lean against the wall. They went back to their conversation. "So is it true Jean! Are you really joining the Scout Regiment?" Sasha asked really impatiently. Jean answered with a calm simple "Yeah".

"Why the sudden change? I don't... I mean... Aren't you afraid?" Sasha was carefully putting her words together, something she wasn't used.

"Huh!? No one wants to join the Scout Regiment." Jean asserted.

Then Connie added himself to the conversation, "Then why are you?" He does make a good case.

"I didn't make my decision, because I'm not scared of titans. And... I'm not going to say that talented people should join the Scout Regiment. I'm not the guys who have a death wish." He never really answered the question why did he really want to join the Scouts, the whole time we spend together he was also fixed on joining the Military Police. He always made a big deal out of it too, maybe because he had a change of mind because Marco died. They wanted to join the MP's together.

"Cadets! Fall in and face the stage!" Everyone one did as told, I stayed in the back close to the wall because of my injured leg. I placed my crutches on the floor and put all my weight on my left leg, I could stand on my own. Time passed as everyone was falling in line. Hours went by as everyone got into formation. Torches were lite up since this was taking place overnight.

A tall man, with blond hair, thick eyebrows, and blue eyes, stepped on the stage. I was guessing it was Commander Erwin. He stood straight up showing off his full height with his hand behind his back, looking straight forward. He finally spoke up, "I am Erwin Smith, Commander of the Scout Regiment." I guess I was right.

"Today is the day you must choose a corps to join. I'm here today to invite you to join the Scout Regiment. During the latest Titan attack, you discovered the terror of Titans and the limitation of your own abilities. However... in this battle, more than ever before, we made progress towards victory, thanks to the existence of Eren Jaeger. His all-out effort proves beyond any doubt, that he is on our side. Furthermore, with his help, we will not only stop the Titan invasion, but we also gained a means to understand the true nature of Titans!" We can understand where they came from and why they feed on us. Everyone was shocked at this information, why wouldn't we want to stop the Titans for good.

"Located in the basement of his home in Shiganshina District..." The name ringed a bell... That's where my parents died that day, if only they stayed in Sina with me, they would still be here. "...we believe there is a secret to the Titans that even he is unaware of. If we can reach that basement, we may gain a clue to break free from a century of Titan domination." I clutched on to my necklace. We need to find whatever is in the basement, they'll pay for what they did to my parents. I didn't think we'll be this close, it doesn't matter Shiganshina is still invested with Titans.

"We will set out for the basement, located in Shinganshina." I realized someone has just arrived on the stage but not visible to everyone, the only way I could have told was the sound a paper almost dropping. Most people, wouldn't have heard it but when you live in a house alone for five years, you could here a pinfall. I focused my attention back towards Erwin's speech.