𝟛𝟛 • ℙ𝕖𝕣𝕤𝕡𝕖𝕔𝕥𝕚𝕧𝕖

Levi POV

After I left the room, I leaned on the wall next to our bedroom door. I crossed my arms and sighed heavily. She wanted to be alone, I could tell that much so I'd give her space. I wouldn't miss sleeping on a bed that much.

Maria and Clayton came out their rooms. Clayton sadly smiled at me. Maria had the same concern smile on her face too.

"You guys okay?" Clayton asked.

"Depends on your definition of okay," I answered. I clicked my tongue at this whole situation. "Maria, I hope we didn't keep the kids awake."

"Well, I'd be lying if I said you didn't, they were kinda scared. They've never heard her yell before quite frankly neither have I." Maria said. "But they're asleep now. So there's nothing to worry about."

"You guys go to sleep don't worry about us, we're fine." I told them.

"You sure?" Clayton asked.

I simply looked in his direction and he nodded at my answer. The two of the left.

You sure, repeated in my head. Yeah, I'm sure we just broke things off.

I was back to the loneliness and quietness of the empty hallway. The first warm tear fell from eyes, the rest fell from my eyes in an unbreakable stream. Fuck, when was the last time I cried like this.

I slumped down to the floor. Tears wouldn't even let me see straight, my vision was blurry. I didn't even try to hold back my lugubrious tears rolled down my face. My body burned from feeling so doleful. My knees came closer to my chest and my arms crossed over them, my fist clenched onto the fabric on my arms in a mix of anguish and anger.

When I woke up, my eyes felt so unbelievably dry. I sat straight up instead of leaning over. I was wrapped in a blanket. (F/n)?

Maria walked out of her room and saw me, "Good morning, Captain Levi." She greeted. "I was just coming to check on you. How'd you sleep?"

"Great." I answered.

I folded the blanket and handed over to Maria. Of course, it wasn't (F/n).

"What are you going to do now?" Maria asked me.

"I'm going back to HQ. She doesn't want me here. Right now, I'm trying to stress her out as less as possible." I responded.

"Are you sure you don't want to stay and talk?" Maria questioned.

"There's nothing to talk about," I told her. I went to go prepare to leave, "...Thank you, Maria. Please, take care of her and our little one for me."

She nodded.

|||

I was packed and got ready to go. I had already freshened up and changed for the day. Before I left our room I sat on the floor next to (F/n)'s side of the bed. She was still asleep, her cheeks were stained with dry tears. She must've cried herself to sleep too.

I moved a piece of hair out the way and kissed her forehead. I'm sorry. I thought to myself in my head.

My head turned to her nightstand, I saw her ring placed there. I frowned. She always slept with her ring on but last night...

I repositioned myself at her stomach that was starting to budge out.

"Hey, it's me again. This may be the last time we talk so I'm just say what I need to. Your mom and I aren't doing so well with each other. We have a lot of problems and different opinions. So when the time comes around and you're wondering where your dad is, he's out there loving you and missing you and wishing he was by your side."