𝟝𝟜 • 𝕋𝕙𝕖 ℕ𝕚𝕘𝕙𝕥 𝔹𝕖𝕗𝕠𝕣𝕖 𝕋𝕙𝕖 𝔼𝕟𝕕

(F/n)'s POV

Armin, Mikasa, Reiner, Annie, Gabi, and Falco all arrived together. I hadn't spoken to both Reiner and Annie four years now and Gabi and Falco have never met me.

Their wagon came to a complete stop by our camping spot. We seemed to divide ourselves by whether or not we were born in Marley or Paradis Island. We stood directly across from each other. Yelena and Oyankopon were off to the left side.

I spotted Annie. She made direct eye contact with me. The last we had interacted. I cut her off the wall about four years ago going onto five. It was so long ago, it was back when I was mute.

Once she was out of the wagon, it was like she didn't even know what to say to me. She just looked at me silently.

"Mommy, Mommy! Can we go into the forest to play? There's a cool tree!" Killain said while tugging on my shirt.

"It's like this big!" Kahira extended her arms up and wide to demonstrate how big it was.

Kuchel copied her. "Tis' big." She copied. She also extended her arms out.

"Give me one second." I told them. "Go get piggyback rides on Uncle Jean while you wait." I shooed them away It was the first Annie had heard my voice. Reiner had heard mine, in his head before.

"(F/n)–"

I cut Annie off. I embraced her lovingly. "Don't say anything. Everything, all of it, is in the past now." Her arms slowly came up and she responded to my embrace.

She spoke softly, "You never came to visit. I would have loved to hear you bother me."

"Visiting you would threaten my position." I informed her softly. "Plus, I didn't know the right thing to say to you." I released her and smiled. I held both of her hands in mine. "Thank you for being my friend, a true friend. Despite all you've done and your original intentions of befriending me, I know you truly did care for me." I couldn't condone what she did during the 57th expedition nor in the Sothess District. Additionally, with my powers I learned that befriending me was just another part of Annie's mission once she met me since back then she was the only one out of her Reiner, and Bertholdt could because of my fear of men.

"Children? I thought Ryan died."

"He did. I married Levi Ackerman." I informed her. I think I mentioned him in two letters to her back in the day. However, my relationship with Levi moved so fast, I never got to write about it. "And we have three little munchkins and another one coming."

"You got your voice, found your Ackerman, became duchess, started a family, awaken your power... and all I've done is stayed in a crystal for the past four years." Annie said.

I smiled. "I was also doing something back in the day, wasn't I?"

I turned to Reiner. I placed my hand on his chin while looking up at him. "I'm glad you're still here." He knew exactly what I meant by that. He didn't say a word, he just nodded his head at me.

I knelt down to Falco and Gabi's height. "You two haven't met me, yet." I said to them. "I'm sure by  now you've realized who I am. It's nice to finally see both of you in person. It took a lot of work to keep you two safe. Although, Gabi you gave me a harder time doing that than Falco."

"Keeping us safe?" Gabi questioned.

"I stopped the soldiers from killing you immediately after you killed Sasha. I made Kaya go on a walk that morning. And Commander Nile found his way to you for a reason." I informed them.