𝟛𝟠 • 𝔸𝕣𝕚𝕤𝕖 𝕥𝕠 𝕥𝕙𝕖 𝔽𝕦𝕥𝕦𝕣𝕖

Happy New Year and New Decade!
(◕✿)

Levi POV

This is what she meant, she saw all of this. Everyone dying like this, everyone sacrificing themselves like this, knowing they were going to die and yet keep on fighting.

And me. Not able to keep my goddamn promise to Erwin and having to make this impossible decision. Erwin or Armin? Who am I to say who lives or dies?

I had to make one. Everyone was waiting for me and either of them could die at any second.

Erwin took us far in this battle between titans. His mind and leadership is like no one else. It's only logical for me to give it to him.

But Armin he's mind can lead us to the end of this fight, but his intuition is weak. He's too much of a gamble. And unlike Erwin I can't take risk like him.

"You're always speaking on choices... but when the time comes will you regret the one you make." (F/n) said to me yesterday. I don't know which one was the right decision, I thought to myself.

As I went to inject Erwin with his sudden action of raising his hand slapped the serum away from him and into my chest. "Teacher... how do we know there's not more humans... outside the wall?" He muttered in a very raspy tone.

I thought back to a conversation we had about this mission. I asked him, "If this dream of yours comes true, what will you do then?"

He answered, "I don't know until it happens."

Kenny. Somehow this reminded me of Kenny. Why did this remind me of him? What he said to me before he said, "Everyone has something, something they hold onto that keeps them going..."

To Erwin that was his dream, a dream he was willing to give up the lives of his subordinates, his comrades in order to achieve. which only is about answering his questions and proving his father right, not the better of humanity.

And Armin. His dream of seeing the ocean. But Armin could sacrifice his life and prioritize humanity's survival so long as Eren could achieve their dream for the both of them. He didn't put his life over comrades' life on the line for one dream.

"I promised Armin I'll get him there. It's his only dream, I want to do that for him." That was so early on in our relationship. I remember Armin in the beginning, he never asked for anything from anyone, he only did things for others.

"One of my promises to myself is to keep doing what's good for this world. I live for others." That was when she showed me her drawing of the ocean. The ocean... Armin and (F/n) those two brats are the same.

The ocean is suppose to be this never ending thing. Her never ending will to help people and Armin's never ending will to do the same.  The words 'I live for others' repeated in my head. It's people like them that are going to save this world whether they believe in themselves or not.

I spoke out loud, maybe Erwin could hear me, I'd never know. "You thick-browed bastard, I told you to give up on your dream and die. You're done enough it's time for you to rest. I'll remember to give Maria your regards. Goodbye, Erwin... my friend."

I looked at Armin. You're the right choice.

"...but when the time comes will you regret the one you make." (F/n) words repeated to me. No, I won't.