𝟝𝟛 • ℝ𝕖𝕦𝕟𝕚𝕥𝕖𝕕

(F/n)'s POV

I, along with Volunteers, from all over were detained by the Yeagerist led by Floch on one of the fort's upper floors. We were lined up by a wall. My children stayed clung to my legs, not wanting to be separated again. Another line of soldiers were on stand by. I shielded my children's eyes from this.

Floch shot a Volunteer in the hand after he had mouthed back to him.

"Stop, Floch! Don't shot him!" Jean cried out.

"Relax, Jean. I'm helping him understand," Floch said, "He couldn't graps the situation, but I think he does now. Now everyone knows what happens if you decide to mouth off." He referred to all of us that were detained.

"Hey, who elceted you to act like king of this place?" Jean questioned.

"I'm glad you asked, Jean," Floch said, "Listen up everyone," Floch now spoke to everyone in the room. "Ten months ago, Eren told me his plan: his plan to use Zeke and gain control of the Founder. I gathered comrades, aided Eren, and today his plan was fufilled. You volunteer lost both your leader and the military who had your backs. And soon you'll lose your homelands! They'll be reduced to giant footprints! You lost the reason you came here— the dream of reviving your homeland! Even so, if there are any among you who will aid our Eldian Empire, speak up. We will welcome you as fellow Eldians."

The man clutch on the ground in pain from previously being shot in the hand, "Screw you, asshole! I'll be desd before I–"

Floch shot him before he could finish his sentence. "Pay respet." Floch said. He fired his gun three more times at the man who was already dead.

Floch looked to everyone. "His pride as a Volunteer wouldn't let him live in submission. But is pride worth dying for? What's wrong with submission? Isn't it better than dying like this? Take some time to think. Lock 'em up."

Mikasa rushed up the stairs from the sound of the gunshots. She asked what was happening. Meanwhile, the Volunteers and I were being walked to cells.

"Keep her here." Floch ordered when I was being directed away. The soldier, Kylie, who was standing by me stopped directing into a specific location. I stayed up here with my children and Max. I waited to see what exactly Floch wanted, but he spoke to Jean first.

Floch knelt in front of Jean. "To answer your question, I act on Eren's behalf. If Eren is solving the problem outside the island. I'll wipe resentment within." Floch heart-fully declared. "Anyway after surviving through that hell four years ago, it's finally in our grasp. Do you know what is its? Freedom. You don't have to fight anymore. You can live as you please. Jean didn't you want a comfy life in the interior as an MP? Go live it. You're one of our heroes."

"Is it over?" Jean questioned in distraught.

"It's over so go back to being the old Jean: reckless, annoying, and cheeky."

"What you call me?" Jean shot back softly.

Mikasa spoke up, "Floch, what happened to Captain Levi and Commander Hange?"

Floch looked straight at me when he spoke, "Unfortunately, they were killed by Zeke." I didn't react to what he said. I knew the truth, but the kids didn't know, neither did the Jean or Mikasa. Jean and Mikasa didn't believe it. When the kids heard the news, their entire body lowered. They looked up to me for answers, but my eyes were focused on Floch.

"Mommy?"

Floch stood. He made his way to me. "I've been wanting to speak with you. What you've been fighting for is finally gone." Floch said. "It's time for you to join, me. Jean has. You and Jean, you two go way back, don't you? Didn't today remind you when you stood by each other's side in Trost. And precious Kylie, too. You remember when you swore to her mother that you'd keep her safe. She's here with me too." I just stared at him as he spoke, not reacting to a word he said. "You are powerful, (F/n)... intelligent, you have influence too. I should have known better than to only send eight people after you. You have the world fooled that you were just some housewife, but not Eren. He warned me I shouldn't underestimate you and he was right. Do you know what could happen if we joined forces? You've known longer than anyone what Eren was going to do. Do you know how unstoppable we could be? I'm sorry about Levi, but you can still live a good, happy life with your family. If you just side with me, you can go back to simpler times."