𝟙𝟘 • 𝔹𝕚𝕟𝕕𝕤

Levi POV

Engaged. She was engaged as in she was getting married. How could I be so oblivious? The ring was right there.

"Hanji, she's fucking engaged." I said.
"So?" She replied as if it didn't matter.
"She's off limits."
"Says who?"

"Says the invitations to her wedding, I got today." I said.

"Levi, I'll be honest with you. You're being a pussy." She started. "She's engaged so what? That didn't stop you from sleeping with her."

"Don't say it like that."

"I'm just saying, if you were able to show her that you could care and love for her better than he can, maybe there would be no wedding... at least not between her and Ryan." Hanji said.

"How exactly am I suppose to do that? That dude has known her longer than me."

"Real relationships aren't measured by how long you've known them and based aren't how much time you spend together... it's measured by how much trust and understanding you share and based on who came into your life and never left your side." Hanji said spitting words of wisdom. "Just like you and I, Shorty." Regular Hanji was back.

"How exactly do I show her I care?"

"Well, you've already started. You make sure she eats and you took care of her when her ankle was hurting."

I didn't say anything. I didn't think it needed a reply.

"Levi, I know you. Do not push away your feelings, you can suppress the pain from your past all you want, but here and now don't let this be on of the things you'd regret."

|||

I walked towards Erwin's office, I knocked on the door before entering. Erwin sat across from (F/n) at his desk. "Hope I'm not interrupting anything." I said.

"No, actually I wanted to talk to you." Erwin said. Erwin turned back to (F/n). "I see the urgency of the letters. I'll have Levi escort you to the carrier, just to ensure the safety of the delivery, I'm sure the King would want it delivered. You should go get ready."

(F/n) stood and saluted to Erwin, before leaving. "Is that what you wanted to talk to me about?" I asked. "Well, yes."

"Ok then, I'll be on my way." I replied.

"Levi, wait. I'm rooting for you." He said. I responded with a glare. Was it really that obvious?

|||

We rode in silence. I didn't know what to even say at this point. Hanji, Mike, and Erwin were rooting for me, but I thought it was best to just let it go. Even if she wasn't engaged, I wasn't capable of being intimate with someone else. I wasn't capable of loving someone else, I simply didn't know how to.

She did her business and gave the two letters to the royal carrier. She wanted to make a spot. One was at the market, where I could hear everyone talking about (L/n) and her marriage or me and my reputation, we also ran into her fiancé of all people. He smiled at the sight of her, who wouldn't. He wrapped his arms around her waist and lifted her up. They kissed one another.

I just stood there. Why did Erwin make me do this? Their attention turned back to me. Once she was back on the ground, I noticed (F/n) gravitated closer towards me. (F/n) didn't want to waste time at the market, so she started walking. Ryan and I followed behind.

"The famous Captain Levi, it's a pleasure to meet you. I'm Ryan, (F/n)'s fiancé." He held a hand out for me.

"Tch, yeah, okay." I answered.