18. Scattered Pieces of A Dream

Start from the beginning

Their swords clashed with each other as they tried to outmatch their opponents.

The graceful way they moved and the power each clash carried had you transfixed.

A loud gasp almost left your lips when you caught sight of magic suddenly being imbued in their swords and attacks. You quickly clamped a hand over your mouth and crouched down in fear. Had they heard you? Or by fortune, were you safe?

You waited with bated breath as the sound of the swords ceased and complete silence descended over the training ground.

Fuck my life...

"Come out."

A cold, sharp command was directed at you. You flinched and stayed silent and in place.

The owner of the voice sounded scary. And familiar.

Damn, why did he sound familiar?

Your mind flashed back to the museum incident and the blue-eyed boy.

...No way, right?

Claude sounded nothing like this person. Even though he was reserved and closed off, he never felt this cruel sounding.

Then, who was it?

The familiarity didn't go away despite you trying to rationalize it.

Seriously, what was wrong with these places and people? Everyone and everything seemed familiar. It was disturbing.

You wondered in confusion. Why did your heart jump at the sound of that person's voice? You were pretty sure you would remember someone whose voice sounded so cold and commanding.

"Oh?" The voice spoke again, sounding a tiny bit annoyed. "You want my sword to come there and greet you?"

You shivered. Crazy bastard!

No way, you met someone this crazy in your life!

"My liege! Why are resorting to threats? You will scare the person!"

You quietly nodded to the voice of the other boy. It sounded familiar too but unlike the first one which drenched your entire being in fear, his voice brought you comfort.

He seems like a kind and reasonable person.

"You want me to care for a trespasser?"

You did not argue against it. You were trespassing. But in your defense, you have no idea where the border of trespassing even began. You were mindlessly scrolling when you found them on coincidence. Nothing was intended as he seemed to be implying.

"Well, if you want them to come out and show themself, threatening is the last thing you should do."

"Keep your ludicrous idea to yourself, Felix. I will decide how to handle the intruder who decided to trespass on my property and refuse to come out when I tell them to."

"My liege..."

Before he was even finished speaking, you were already inching away.

No way, you were going to stick around. That dude sounded like the insane kind of person who would have your limbs cut off for the tiniest misconduct.

He was insane and you would not stay around to find out just how much.

"Hah, running away now?"

You flinched and stubbornly continued. Yep. Keep going. Don't stop. That man was looking for a punching bag to take out his frustration on.

You heard a sharp sound of a sword being cut through the air. And you shuddered.

"My liege, there's no need to go to such an extent! That person is harmless. I'm sure you can sense it."

"Harmless? I never thought of that sneaking rat as danger, Felix. But when flies surround you, you've to swat them away or else they will start annoying you. Now move."

Did he call you a sneaking rat?! And an annoying fly?!

Your temper almost took hold of you but you managed to calm down. You quickly started to crawl like a spider scurrying away from danger.

"No, my liege. This is going too far..!"

You didn't wait to see how their conflict would turn out. And quickly got to your feet when you were a safe distance away and ran away from them.

You reached the lobby you had left behind and saw Lionel waiting for you.

You thought you had escaped from danger and were safe but the moment Lionel opened his mouth, your mind turned blank, and red alarms went off loudly inside your head.

Say what now?