Chapter15: Chefinnit

We continue to talk for a while. It was always nice to talk with her. She felt more like my mom than my real mom. We were talking for over an hour and a half when I hear someone coming down the stairs. "Mother, what are we having for dinner." I hear tommy shout as he turns into the living room where me and his mom sat

"Oh Y/N I didn't know you where here." Tommy says. "Well here I am." I say as I turn my body towards him. "What are you doing here?" He asks me. "What does it look like I'm doing, I'm talking with your mom." I tell him.

"Um mum, what is for dinner." Tommy says changing the subject. "I actually haven't started it yet, Y/N came over and wanted to talk so we were just talking. I can go start on it now." she tells him as she stands up from the couch and heads to the kitchen.

"Do you want some help with it?" I ask her standing up and I follow her to the kitchen. "That would be absolutely lovely." She says to me as she looks in the fridge for something. "Tommy, you need to find someone like Y/N." when she says this both me and Tommy blush. "Why are you just standing there, come and help us." I tell tommy.

All three of us were in the kitchen cooking spaghetti. Mrs. Simons put tommy on noodle job which was basically just watching the noodles. I was cooking the ground beef, and Mrs. Simons was making the sauce. "mum" tommy whines "Why do I have the boring job?" "Because you burned your toast this morning." She replies and I laugh at him.

"What are you laughing at woman?" tommy says as he looks at me. "Oh, I know you didn't just call me woman." "And what if I did." "Why don't I give you a preview" I say as I punch his arm. "Mum" tommy whines "Y/N just punched me" "And I would to if you called me woman." She replies and I laugh. "That's not fair, my own mother likes you better than me." He says as he continues to watch the spaghetti.

"There's probably a reason for that" I reply to him. "Oh, there is are so many reasons." Mrs. Simons says as all three of us burst out laughing. "Your mom is my favorite person I've met since I've moved to England." I tell Tommy. "Not me?" he says as he puts his hand on his heart. "Nope, not you." "Oh whatever" tommy says as he rolls his eyes at me

We finish making dinner and Mrs. Simons starts to dish up a few plates of spaghetti. "All right, well I'm going to head home now." I tell Mrs. Simons as I dry my hands after washing them. "No, you should say for dinner, we made enough for three and my husband has to work late tonight." Mrs. Simons tells me trying to make me stay.

"you really should stay; I mean you made me cook." Tommy says. "Ok, you guys have convinced me. I'll stay for dinner." I grab my phone and send out a quick text to my mom.

Sunshine :D

I'm having dinner with the Simons

(Delivered)

I grab one of the plates that Mrs. Simons had made me and I took it to the dining table. I sat next to Tommy who had already started eating. "You have no dinner adequate." I tell him as I wait for Mrs. Simons to sit down. "Well, it's rude to start eating before everyone has their food." Quickly finished eating the food in his mouth and waited for his mom to sit down.

"I swear Y/N, you can get him to do things that I have never been able to get him to do." Mrs. Simons says as she walks in the room and sits down. "It really is just a blessing that you moved here." "I really think it is too." "Can I eat now?" tommy asks me causing me to laugh. "Yes Mr. Innit you can eat now."

We continue to talk while we're eating dinner. After dinner, me and tommy did the dishes like we did on my birthday and many times after that when our families would have dinner. After we finish the dishes, me and tommy walk into the living room where Mrs. Simons was sitting.

"Well I should go home now; my dad is probably home. Thank you, Mrs. Simons, for today." I tell her as I walk towards the front door and put my shoes on. "Please don't call me that, call me Sophie" she replies. "Ok, bye Sophie, bye Tommy."

I open the door and walk back to my house. "Mom, Dad" I yell as I open the door and take off my shoes. I walk into the kitchen where my mom was still working. "Hey mom, where's dad." I ask her. "Oh...um... I think he needed to work late tonight." He replies not looking up from her computer. "Oh, ok, well I'll be in my room if you need me." "Ok"

The difference from tommy's house and mine was so different. Tommy's house felt alive and warm, while mine felt empty and cold. Normally my house felt empty until my dad got home, but now he has been working late and then he's asleep when he is home. I really felt like I was drifting farther away from my father and even farther from my mom. We didn't feel like a family anymore.

I walked up to my room and plopped down on my bed. I pulled out my laptop and went to the current book I was writing. I was almost done with it. It currently has 52 chapters and over one thousand pages but I was having writers block and I didn't know how to end it. I sat in my room for two hours writing and rewriting different ending but I just couldn't find the right ending.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Word count-1015