Chapter 12: *Uptown Girl*

After school, I went to find Tommy who was waiting for the bus. "Hey" I say as I stand next to him. "Hey" tommy says as he hands me one of his air pods. "Where were you at lunch today" He asks as I put the air pod in and I hear a song I had never hear before.

"Oh, someone asked me to sit with them and I felt bad saying no, plus you were sitting with your friends and I didn't want to interrupt." I tell him kind of bouncing around because i was really happy.

"Oh, you wouldn't have been interrupting." He tells me as he looks at me with a confused look on his face. "Why are you bouncing." "Ha, I'm just happy and I can't really help it." I tell him trying to control my body's movements

"to much excitement for your tiny body to handle." He says jokingly as he puts his arm on my head. "Shut the fuck up bitch boy I'm 5'2 and I will kick you in the balls." I say as I jokingly punch him in the arm. "All right fine, I'll stop." He says as he elbows me in the side. "But only because your just tall enough to reach."

We sat in silence for a few seconds before I speak up. "Ok but what the fuck is this music you listen to, it's so boring." "Oh, and you think your music is better." He replies. "Yes, I do, so if you would please disconnect your phone please." I say as he rolls his eyes and disconnects his phone.

"Wow you really are my bitch boy." I say under by breath. "What did you say?" he asks "Oh nothing" I reply as I connect to tommy's air pods. I turn on a song and I can see him start to cringe. "Can you please turn off this song. I know this isn't your type of music you're just trying to annoy me." "No, I love this song." I say as I start to whisper sing the lyrics and do the head motions with it.

"Jump in the Cadillac, girl let's put some miles on it. Anything you want, just to put a smile on it." I continue to sing the lyrics until I know I have tortured tommy enough. "fine I'll play something different." I press shuffle on my music and the first song that starts to play is "Uptown Girl" by Billy Joel.

"ah, you're an oldies kind of girl." He says to me as the song plays. "I mean look at me, what type of music do you think I would like. My whole aesthetic is oldies." I reply as the bus finally pulls up to the school. Me and tommy get on and sit down.

Me and tommy just sit in a comfortable silence as my music continues to play. After uptown girl finishes "killer queen" by queen starts to play. "Oh, this is my favorite song" I tell tommy as I turn the volume up. I close my eyes and start to lip sing the lyrics.

After the song finished, "I guess that's why they call it the blues" by Elton John starts to play. I turn down the music so that I can talk to tommy because this song wasn't as much of a bop as the others. "So where did you get your music taste?" tommy asks me "My dad." I reply "I've always been really close with him. When I was younger and couldn't sleep, I would wake him up and we would go on drives and just listen to music."

"That makes sense." He says. "What do you mean by that?" I ask him I say with an overexaggerated offended voice. "You give off daddy's girl vibes." I laugh at him and I elbow his side. "How rude" I said quoting my favorite tv show. I look at him hoping he'll understand but he just looks at me with a blank face.

"Ok you uncultured swine, next time we both can't sleep which will most likely be soon, we are starting Full House." I tell him as the bus stops. "Whatever you say" tommy replies as he stands up and walks off the bus me right behind him.

"Ok, well I'll see you later" I say as we walk towards our houses. "ya we're probably gunna start that show you said tonight." He replies "I just have a feeling." I quietly laugh at him as we get to my house. He is always so good at making me laugh. Almost as good as my dad. "Bye Bitch boy." I yell at him as I walk to my door. "Bye woman" he yells back.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Word count-792

A/N- Sorry for the short chapters recently. 

love you bitches <3