Chapter 8: Small talk

After me and I Tommy finished the dishes, we went back into the living room where our parents were still conversing. "Tommy you and Y/N should go up to your room while we talk." Tommy's father says right when we sit down. "Um, Ok." Tommy says as he stands back up. "My rooms upstairs." I stand up and fallow him up the stairs to his room.

When we walk in, my eyes go right towards his streaming setup. I knew that he streamed and that he had a lot of followers, but I didn't think his set up would look that cool. I thought it would just be a pc, mic, and maybe a camera.

"oh, I knew you were a streamer, but I didn't think your set up would look like this." I say as I sit down in his gaming chair. "Wait, you know who I am?" he says with a very confused look on his face.

"Well, non until earlier today Tommyinnit. when I was on the phone with my friend. I was telling her about the first night in my house, and when she heard about our interactions, she knew exactly who you were."

When I said this his confused face faded to an embarrassed. "Don't worry, I won't treat you any different." I say as I spin around in his chair. "She's actually a really big fan of yours, but probably much more Tubbo" I stop spinning in his chair and look at him. "I'm saying that right, right?"

"Um ya" He says as he laughs at me. "I'm pretty sure she's in love with him or something like that. I wouldn't be surprised if I found a Pinterest board in her phone titled Tubbo and my wedding."

Tommy starts laughing at the joke I made and the embarrassment from his face left. "You know, your funny." He says "For a woman." I look at him with the most annoyed look on my face. "You know I told her that I would give you a chance to show you're not a dipshit but if I heard one racist or sexist joke I was done."

"Hey, I wasn't being serious." He replies. "Oh, I know, that's why I'm not already out the door." I tell him. "If it wasn't a joke though, I probably would have smacked you all the way to America, which from what Ellie has told me, you hate."

"Haha, funny joke, but I don't actually hate the US or Americans, that's Tommyinnit, my online persona, I'm Tommy Simons." He replies "Now get out of my chair" I role my eyes at him and sluggishly get out of his chair and sit on his bed. I open my phone and see a text from Ellie. 'Finally got the video to send'. I put my air pods in, open the video and start to watch it.

"Shut your window" "Chat did you hear that" he says as he looks to his right "There is a fucking woman on the roof. Who are you and what are you doing on the roof? "Please just shut your window, I'm trying to have some peace and quiet." "Damn woman, no need to be such a prick." "Fuck off, don't call me a woman, and just shut your window." "Chat, she was American. Probably the reason She's so Fucking annoying." The video ends and I take my air pods out

"What were you watching" he asks me as he types something on his computer. "Oh, um my friend sent me the clip of me yelling at you from my roof. She really wanted me to see it." I say with a smile on my face because I knew this would embarrass him. "apparently your chat went crazy about it." "um... I hope you know that's not how I see you. That's what Tommyinnit said." He says as he stops typing and spins his chair towards me.

"Oh, I know, you don't need to apologize to me. I was kind of a bitch to you before I started to get to know you better. Plus, if a random person started to yell at me from their roof, I would probably be annoyed with them too." I tell him "thanks for understanding." He says as he turns back towards his computer and starts to type again.

"So, what are you doing?" I ask him as I look at his computer. "I just have to tweet that I'm not going to be streaming tonight." He replies. "Why not?" I ask again. "Wow you are full of questions aren't you" he says in a very sarcastic voice. "First of all, I should be starting my stream now, so if I did, you would either have to sit there and do nothing, or go downstairs and sit there while our parents talk. Second of all, I would feel bad if I kept you from sleeping on your birthday." "Wow, that's actually really sweet." I tell him

Me and Tommy continue to talk about our lives. I was actually glad that there was someone else that knew what having Insomnia was like. Even though me and Ellie would be able to talk all night, she didn't know the pain I was in. And my mom didn't know how to deal with it. Half of the time I think she thought I was making it up.

Tommy told me more about what England was like, and about his career. He made money just doing what he loved, and his parents supported him in this. I really wish my parents did the same. But to my surprise he actually had a lot more followers than I thought. I would have guessed that he had a few thousand, but he had over one hundred thousand. He's only sixteen and his dream is already coming true, and I don't even think my dream will even come true.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Word count- 1015