Chapter 2: All-Nighter

I immediately grab my phone and face time her. She picks up after the third ring.

Hey gurl, so I assume you haven't
 gotten any sleep

Um actually I just got six hours
 but that's besides the point. I have

something I have to tell you.

Oh, did you finish another book!

Send it to me I want to read it

No, I haven't finished it yet, I
have some bad news

What is I, spill the tea sis

I'm moving to England

What!? England. But that's so far.

Hey keep it down my parents are sleeping
 in the other room. And yes, England.

My dad got a job offer there.

When are you leaving?

I don't know, I kind of got mad
at my parents and they sent me to
my room before they told me

Ok when you find out just tell me.

You know you'll be the first one to know.

Me and Ellie continue to talk while I continue writing my book and she does, whatever she does at night. Next thing I know, we've been on the phone for almost six hours and the sun was rising. "Well it looks like it's time for bed" She says while laughing. I laugh at her "bye bitch" I tell her. "bye bitch" she says back.

I hang up the phone and open my window to get onto the roof. There were many nights when I would write on the roof. It really helped calm me. I sat on the roof to watch the sun rise. I had watched a lot of sunrises in the past year but the sunrise today, was the most beautiful. I watched as the sun came out from behind the mountains. I feel a tear run down my face, because I know that I won't be seeing this paradise for much longer.

After the sun had fully risen, I hoped back in my window and went down stairs to make myself some breakfast. My parents were already in there and I knew I needed to apologize. I walk into the kitchen. "good morning" I tell my parents "And before you can say anything. I would just like to apologize for the way I acted yesterday. I just wasn't expecting it. I have had time to think about it and I've decided to take this change as a blessing."

As I say this, I put a fake smile on. I didn't really mean the last part, but I knew I would get in a lot of trouble if I didn't cooperate with them. Whining about it wouldn't help my case at all. "See that's the spirit" my dad says as he pats me on the back. "Please don't say you where up all night again" my mom says as she sat down at the table and sets a plate of pancakes on the table for me.

"Well when I went to my room last night, I cried myself to sleep and got six hours before I woke up and couldn't go back to sleep." I tell them as I sit down and start to eat my pancakes. "That's great sweetheart, that's probably the most consecutive hours of sleep you've gotten all month" my dad tells says as he grab the plate of pancakes my mom made for him. "maybe we should give you bad news all of the time."

We all start to laugh at my dad's stupid jokes. He always makes the stupidest jokes to make me laugh. I was a lot closer to my dad then my mom though. She was always so judgmental of what I wore and who I talked to. She didn't like Ellie, she thought that Ellie was the whole reason I stayed up at night, that she was the one who caused my insomnia. But I had insomnia for years before I met Ellie.

As our laughter turned into silence, I asked my dad "When are we leaving?" "We're leaving in two weeks." He replies. "But my birthday is in three weeks" I say with a little bit of worry in my voice. "Why are we leaving so soon." "My new job needs me there in two weeks, I tried to get them to let us stay until after your birthday but there is no way" my dad tells me. "I guess I'll just have to do a zoom birthday party." I say with the same fake smile I had when I had apologized earlier.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Work count-748

A/N- Sorry for the short chapter. Also I know We haven't even heard anything about Tommy yet, but I promise it's coming, the story line just needs to develop

Bye Bitches <3