Chapter 5:meeting the neighbors

It had been three days since we moved to England. I hadn't been able to sleep or write anything at night because my dickhead of a neighbor would yell at his computer all night. During those three days my parents and I went grocery shopping and furniture shopping and the house was starting to feel like home.

My room had the color scheme of navy blue and a light shade of yellow. In my old house, my room was white and had random things my mom found at the thrift store or a garage sale. I feel like I could get used to this. On the wall above my bed I hung up lights and pictures of the most important things and people from my life back in Colorado. It really helped me to look at them when I was feeling home sick. I was laying in my bed looking at the photos trying to get even a few minutes of sleep when the doorbell rang.

I put my pillow over my head hoping it was just a delivery for my one of my parents. "Y/N, come done here" I hear my mom shout from the door. I sluggishly get up out of my bed mauling sure I look at least presentable. I was wearing grey sweatpants and a pastel pink crop top with my hair in a messy bun. I leave my room and head downstairs when I hear some voices I've never heard before.

I enter the living room and see my mom sitting down with two people. A woman and a teenage boy. "Come sit hun" my mom says as she pays the seat next to her. "Look the nice neighbors brought us over some cookies my mom said as she grabbed the plate and held it in front of me, so that I could grab one. "It's actually a biscuit" the teenage boy said as I grabbed the biscuit and took a bite.

It was really dry "I'm going to go get a cup of milk" I tell my mom and the other two (Who I still didn't know the name of) as I stand up and walk the kitchen. As I open the fridge, I hear the teenage boy's voice say "Where is your restroom" "Go in the kitchen and the door to the left." My mother replies. "Thank you miss." He said as I mocked him "Thank you miss" to myself. How could he stay up and yell all night long, and then be this polite?

I hear him enter the bathroom but I decided to wait for him so we could have a little chat. Plus, I didn't want to enter the conversation that my mom, and I assume his mom were having. It sounded really boring. So, I sat in the kitchen drinking my milk, waiting for him to come out of the bathroom. When he finally did, I stopped him before he entered the living room.

"So, I'm guessing you're the one who is screaming at all hours of the nights" I say to him and I take another sip of my milk. "And I assume your one who was sitting on the roof yelling at me to be quiet." He says back at me as he sits next to me on the little table we have in the kitchen. "How'd you guess?" I ask him as I laugh, but I wasn't amused.

"My viewers really did like that, it has never happened before and they all went crazy, so I should thank you for that." I look at him with a puzzled look on my face. "Oh, you have no idea who I am. My name is Thomas Simons but you can call me tommy." He says as he holds his hand out for me to shake, but I don't shake it, I wasn't really pleased with him.

"You know, I haven't gotten any sleep and I haven't been able to write anything since I've gotten here. And I don't normally get sleep, but where I used to live, I could write for hours, you know why?" I say as he puts his hand down. "Why is that" he asks. "Because there wasn't a Bitch Boy who would scream at all hours of the night."

"Oh, I'm sorry" he said before he quickly got cut off by my mom shouting to me. "Y/N are you going to come back?" "yes" I shout back as I stand up from the table and walk back into the living room with Tommy right behind me. "Sorry, we were just talking in the kitchen." I tell her as I sit down next to her and tommy sits next to his mother.

"Oh, that's alright." My mom says in an excited tone. "The Simons have invited us to dinner on Sunday." "But Sundays my birthday, and I thought we were just going to do family stuff." I tell her being a little quieter. "Honey, we were invited by these wonderful people, for dinner and we are going to go" She says with a talk back and your getting grounded look in her eye. She gives me that eye a lot so I have mastered so I know when to stop. "Shit" I mutter under my breath so she can't hear what I say. But it's obvious that Tommy heard or at least could tell what I said because he started laughing quietly.

Our moms talk for a few more minutes before I feel like I'm going to pass out from exhaustion so I lay my head on my mom's lap. I soon start to doze off but I can still hear everything going on all around me. "Sorry for her, she hasn't been able to sleep lately, she has insomnia and apparently there is someone screaming all night.

She's probably gotten about 10 hours total in the time we've been here, so when she can sleep, I Just let her sleep. My mom explains to them as I can feel her rubbing my hair and playing with my hair.

"Tom, I told you that you have to keep it down if you're going to play games all night. Not only are you not sleeping but you're making it so others can't sleep either." Mrs. Simons said as she quietly lectured him. "I'm really sorry about him, he also has insomnia and when he plays games, it sometimes helps him sleep." After this I completely doze off and can't hear anything anyone says anymore.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~Word count-1090

A/N: sorry if this chapter is a little different or a little rushed, I wrote this chapter on my phone and not on my laptop, but I hope you enjoyed it!!

Love you Bitches <3