"She was lying. I knew it!" Korra explodes. "I swear, the next time I see her-"

"It's the queen, shhh! Act natutal," I whisper to everyone.

I try to act as normal as possible before she reaches us. I quickly grab Pabu and shove him up Bolin's shirt after I notice him perched on Bolin's shoulder. I can't wait to leave this place. With all the stories I've read, Ba Sing Se has always had issues. The Dai Li and the government have ran this place in the ground.

"Good, You're here. Gun, tell them the news," she demands annoyingly.

"We've received word from the Yang Province. There have been reports of airbenders there."

Ok, cool. But what about the airbenders here?

"Wonderful, isn't it? It's the very thing you've been looking for," Her Majesty adds.

"Thank you! That is just the most wonderful news," my sister replies.

"So, I assume you and your friends here will be leaving immediately," she says, but is interrupted by a fit of sneezes. "Is there an animal in my presence?"

I know I shouldn't laugh, but this is too funny.

"N-no, Your Majesty. I would never allow an animal near you," Gun stutters.

Poor guy.

She sneezes again as Pabu's tail shoots out of Bolin's shirt.

"If I find one within fifty feet of me, it's your head," she says to the poor man and then turns her attention to the rest of us. "Anyway, if you need any assistance to pack, let Gun know. He'll see to it that you're on your way by evening."

"Uhh, this evening?" I ask. "I'm not sure about leaving so soon-"

"Because!" Asami cuts in, "our airship is having engine trouble. It'll take me until tomorrow to finish the repairs."

Luckily the queen has another sneeze attack, and she walks away leaving us all relieved. But we don't have much time! She's hiding those airbenders somewhere.

...

"I can't believe the Earth Queen is conscripting airbenders," Tenzin says angrily.

"I can," I say. "She's horrible."

"Those people should not be forced to join an army!"

"Well technically the Earth Queen has a right to conscript her citizens," Bumi says

Everyone just stares at him silently.

I mean, I guess he's right, but this is not the time.

"Guys, what if Kai was spotted airbending? He might have been taken, too," Jinora says worryingly.

That's true. There's a huge possibility they took him.
We haven't seen him in a while.

"Probably not. He's surprisingly difficult to catch, like a- like a little, greased hog-monkey," Bolin replies.

"But what if he- was?"

"She's right," I say. "Kai might be fast, but so is the Dai Li. They've always been corrupt."

"Don't worry, Jinora. We'll find him," Korra reassures her. "We just need to figure out where to look."

"I bet they're under Lake Laogai," Mako says.

We all look at him like he's crazy. I was not expecting that to come from him.

"What? I've been reading some of Jinora's books. The old Dai Li agents used to have a secret fortress beneath the lake."