Chapter 51-"At sixes and sevens..."

Почніть із самого початку

Aloka: "It seems that my daughter can't wait to marry you. I just wanted to know, are you equally serious and eager to take this relationship to the next level? Because I have never seen my daughter crying so much for a boy. She almost filled two buckets with her tears last night and forced me to come over here as soon as possible. Now, let me know your wish."

Her tone changed to amused. With a gaped mouth, Dhruv turned to Aliya who was secretly observing him. As Dhruv's eyes met hers she again bent her head but the pink tint on her face didn't get unnoticed by Dhruv. His heart skipped a beat. Just then Nandini entered the room with her Gattu Singh Avatar. Her entire face was beaming with joy. It was obvious that she heard everything.

Nandini/Gattu: "Aunty, I can tell you Dhruv's wish. Right now, he is on cloud nine and dying to yell a 'YES'. But I am afraid that he even can say a single letter in this situation. He is the shyest person I have ever seen in my life."

Her excitement spilt from her eyes. For a moment, Aloka kept on staring at Nandini. Her eyes had some mixed feelings.

Aloka: "How much time of your life have you spent in this family, Gattu that you know every member so well? Don't take me wrong but don't you think you are too much involved in their matters. After all, you are a caretaker, not a family member."

Aloka's blunt words put a halt to Nandini's happiness. Unknowingly her eyes got moist.

Dhruv: (Sternly) "Sorry, Aunty but we consider Gattu as our family member only and her...I mean his opinion matters to us. Please don't insult him."

Aliya: (Leapt up from the sofa) "And you can insult my Mom for this servant! Really Dhruv?"

Her voice exited the decent pitch. Nandini restlessly tried to reach Aliya.

Nandini/Gattu: (Worriedly) "Please, Aliya. Don't misunderstand Dhruv. He didn't mean that."

Aliya showed her hand to Nandini.

Aliya: (Yelled) "Oh, please. Don't try to play the same game with me. I don't need your help to know Dhruv. You just stick with Manik. I thought to not tell anything to my parents anything about your game but I think it will cost my relationship with Dhruv. Mom...you wanted to know why I was crying so much last night? Yes, it was for Dhruv but not because I was scared of his decision but recently, I came to know a shocking thing about this Gattu. Mom, he is Manik's boyfriend and perhaps Navya's too...This freaking person is so mysterious. Even Mukti got confused about his personality. I don't know what is right and what is wrong with him. He is playing his dirty game with everyone. Tell me, what is your relationship with Manik? Do you know he has a girlfriend? Okay, leave it...but why are you spoiling my brother's life? Do you know how much he loves Navya? And you....shame on you."

Aliya spat her disgust at Nandini.

Dhruv: (Screamed) "ALIYA...stop your bullshit. You don't know how rubbish you are sounding."

Aliya: (Yelled with equal venom) "OH, REALLY? Now you are ganna shout on me for this son of a bitch."

Dhruv: (Growled) "ALIYA...AA"

His palm raised to contact Aliya's cheek. Aloka sprung up from the sofa and tried to reach them but before that Nandini screamed,

Nandini: "DHRU...UU...V....No..."

She rushed to intervene but suddenly the surrounding started reeling inside her head. She pressed her temples and staggered.

Nandini/Gattu: "Ahhh...Dhruv..."