1.

Alex sighed and knocked on his best friends door.

"Aye, Lex!" John smiled, welcoming his friend in. "Whatcha doin here?" He asked.

"Liz and I are fighting and I need a break from her psycho ass." Alexander mumbled, moving and sitting on the couch.

"This is like the third time this week." John said, joining Alex on his couch.

Alex and John had been friends since they were fourteen. That's when Alex moved to the states and the two had been inseparable. That was, until Eliza came into the picture. She was sweet and Alex basically fell in love with her immediately.

At least she was sweet to Alex. Eliza and John hated each other almost immediately. John didn't like Eliza for several reasons. She seemed so two faced- which later came up as truth. And she was dating the boy John had been after.

Eliza hated John because she knew John had feelings for her Alexander.

John tried not to show them but when you've been in love with your best friend for almost thirteen years, it's hard not to at times. Of course, he'd never try and break their relationship, knowing Alex really did love Eliza.

"What was the fight even about?" John asked, curious. "I didn't clean a fucking pan- literally one pan and the bitch went ballistic!" Alex exclaimed.

"Damn- is she doing okay?" John asked, going and grabbing both him and Alex a beer from the fridge.

Alex shrugged. "At this point, I'm not even sure. She's been yelling at me for everything and she hit me the other day."

"That's not okay." John pointed out, sipping the beer. "She shouldn't hit you or take her frustration out on you."

Alex shrugged. "Eh, it's fine. I'll leave. Just need a bit of a break." He mumbled.

"You staying the night?" John asked. "Yeah, I probably will of that's cool." Alex said. "Yeah, you know I don't mind. You just gotta take the couch."

"Cool, alright." Alex nodded, sipping his beer. "You know, sometimes I wish I lived my life like you."

"Oh yeah? And how is that?" John mused, folding his legs on his sofa as Alex stretched his over to the ottoman.

"You never date- you're just a chill, single guy, working a job you love without anyone nagging to you about everything." Alex said.

"Hey! I date!" John laughed. "I dated Francis for almost three years."

"Yeah but that guy sucked." Alexander complained. "No, I mean that like- you're just living your best life." He said.

"Just cause I'm single doesn't mean I'm living my best life. I'll have you know, I still do get quite lonely." John explained.

"Yeah? Then why haven't you found someone to settle with?" Alex asked. John shrugged. "I just haven't found the right person, I guess- plus, the hours I work don't usually make that easy." He laughed.

"Yeah- sometimes you'll text me at like four in the morning saying you just got off. I don't see how you do it." Alex said.

"I'm doing what I love." John laughed. He was a nurse at the local emergency room. He absolutely loved his job, though he didn't like the hours sometimes.

"Yeah, you are." Alex smiled, yawning softly before his phone started ringing. "Oh my god she won't leave me alone." He muttered, grabbing his phone and declining the call.

"Maybe you should answer." John suggested.

"Yeah, I probably should. I'll be back." Alex left and stepping outside. John took this free time to get Alex a blanket and some pillows for him to sleep with that night.

Alex came back, looking angry. "Jesus fucking Christ- what a fucking cunt." He mumbled.

"Well, I told you that marriage is just a trap." John laughed softly at his own joke.

"Not the time-" Alex stated. "she just spent fifteen minutes screaming at me about how I'm a terrible husband and I can't do anything right because I left the toothpaste open- she's going fucking crazy!" He exclaimed.

"I'm sorry, Lex. Maybe she just had a bad day. Try talking to her tomorrow." John suggested.

"No- no I can't do this anymore. She has been acting this way for months! I can't deal with her constant nagging at me and saying how I don't do shit- I'm the one who provides for her extravagant life style! She goes and buys these expensive bags and likes to go on random vacations with her friends with the money I work for! Then she can't even give me the respect to not scream at me while I'm at home!? All the time- it's all the time! Maybe once every two weeks we will be okay! Once every two weeks we order some food and watch a movie and be chill but the other thirteen days she's a complete bitch to me!" Alex ranted, sipping his beer and sitting on the couch John had made for him.

"I just don't know what happened to her, man. She used to be this perfect girl- I mean, she'd bring me cupcakes randomly and we'd go on picnics and spend time together and just be I love and now it's like I can't even be in the same room as her without her trying to attack me. It's fucking crazy. You know why we married so early? I wanted that fucking green card-" Alex laughed to himself. "No, of course, I love her and all that shit but I would've waited longer if ICE wasn't starting to get up my ass."

John just listened to his friend, feeling bad for him that he had to deal with this. "I'm sorry." He said. "Maybe things will get better soon. Maybe she will wake up and realize how lucky she has it."

Alex laughed bitterly and looked down at his empty bottle. "That's never gonna happen."

John shrugged. "You never know." He said.