Chapter 90 ~ Vivian and Arthur

Merlin and I run to Arthur's chambers. 

Merlin opens the door and peeks his head through. "Arthur? Arthur!"

There was no answer. We walk into Vivian's room and see her and Arthur kissing on her bed. I stand there in shock... Maybe he didn't care about me anymore.

"Abuge aglaecraeft!" Merlin says

Nothing happens.

"Abuge aglaecraeft!" He says again, "Abuge aglaecraeft!"

Suddenly Olaf burst into the room with Uther behind him. Merlin and I step out of the way.

"I knew it!" Olaf shouts.

"I don't believe it," Merlin says so no one would suspect us.

"Father, we've got something to tell you," Vivian says.

"Arthur!" Uther says in shock.

Olaf throws his glove on the floor in front of Arthur.

"Father," Vivian says, rolling her eyes.

"You once said that if you truly offended my honour, then you would happily pay the price. What say you now, Prince Arthur?" Olaf says.

Arthur stands up. "How have I offended your honour? Surely not with my love alone." Arthur holds his hand out to her; she grabs it and stands next to her.

"Love?" Olaf spits.

He took the words right out of my mouth.

"You don't know the first thing about love. Your taking advantage of an innocent girl."  Olaf says.

"Father..." Vivian giggled.

"Arthur!" Uther snaps.

"I assure you my feelings for your daughter are as real as they are strong." Arthur states.

"Unhand her, or suffer the consequences," Olaf says. "Is this really worth risking your life for?"

Arthur grabs Vivian's hand and puts it to his chest.

Vivian looks at him. "Arthur?"

"Indeed, it is. I would rather die than deny my feelings. I love your daughter with all my heart." He looks at her, and they kiss again.

I feel Merlin grab my hand. Arthur bends down and picks up the glove.

The next day I was standing in Arthur's chambers with Merlin, much to my dismay. Merlin had dragged me here.

Uther walks in. "It's no good. I've spoken to Olaf. He won't rescind the challenge. He says his honour has been tainted. He demands recompense." 

Arthur walks to Uther. "You didn't have to do that, father." 

"The fight is to the death. What did you think you were doing?" Uther asks.

"You cannot help who you fall in love with," Arthur replies.

"You do realise that your actions threaten the peace talks, and it may yet bring war to Camelot," Uther says

Arthur nods. "I am happy to fight for what I believe in."

Uther turns to us, "What's happened to him?"

Merlin and I shrug.

"Lady Vivian. Nothing more." Arthur says.

Uther looks back at him.

"And yet, who could wish for more?" Arthur asks

Uther looks at us. He puts his hands up and walks out the door. Arthur jumps onto his bed.