Chapter 37 ~ Ealdor

I woke up before everyone the next morning; Arthur was back sleeping on his mat. I get up and pack my stuff then walk to my horse and tie it to my saddle. Eventually, everyone else woke up and we rode to Ealdor.

We get to Ealdor and see Kanen standing over Matthew. He was about to kill him. I quickly take my bow off my back and grab an arrow, and I aim a warning it flew straight past Kanen's face, he looks at us. We canter forward Arthur dismounts then the rest of us do so too.

I jump down from my horse and draw my sword.

As soon as Arthur and I get down from our horses, we got attacked

"Kill them!" Kanen shouts.

I look over to Merlin and see him pushed up against a wall before I could help him someone comes up behind me and gives me a cut on my arm. I spin around and slice him. I turn and look at Arthur to see him cut down a man, another man was about to stab Arthur, but luckily Morgana came and intercepted the blow with her sword. She sliced down the man that attacked Arthur.

"Bring back memories of when I used to beat you?" Morgana asks, running past Arthur.

"That never happened" Arthur states.

Kanen and the rest of his men get back on their horses.

"You'll pay for this with your lives, all of you!" Kanen shouts as he rides away on his horse.

I look at Merlin and see him talking with his old friend Will. I see them both laughing then they hug.

"Merlin, Olivia gather the villagers I need to talk to them." Arthur calls

"Yeah in a minute. I'm just talking--" Merlin begins.

"Now, Merlin. There isn't much time." Arthur cuts him off.

"Yes sire" Merlin gives a look to Will and walks off.

Merlin and I quickly gathered all the villagers. 

Once all the villagers were by Arthur, he climbed onto a barrel so everyone could see him.

"I know Kanen's kind, he'll be back. And when he is, we must be ready for him. First of all we have to prepare--" Arthur says but was cut off.

"Am I the only one wondering who the hell this is?" Will asks coming from the back of the crowd.

"I'm Prince Arthur of Camelot."

Will scoffs "Yeah, and i'm prince William of Ealdor."

"Keep quiet, he's here to help us." Our mom scolds.

"He's made things worse" Will points at Arthur while looking at Mom. "Kanen will be back. And when he is, he'll be looking for revenege." Will looks back at Arthur. "You've just signed our death warrant."

"If they weren't here, Matthew would be dead!" Our mom shouts.

"It's all right, Hunith. This is his village. What would you have us do?" Arthur says