Chapter 82~ Arthur's mom

Arthur, Merlin and I were standing to the side of the room while Morgause was busy preparing everything.

"Are you sure you want to do this?" Merlin asks

"If you were granted the same opportunity, would you not want to meet your father?" Arthur asks.

"Uther won't forgive you if he finds out you've collaborated with a sorcerer." Merlin whispers

"What if my father's attitude toward magic is wrong?" Arthur asks

"Do you honestly think that? Do you think magic isn't evil?" I ask

"Perhaps it's not as simple as he would have us believe. Morgause is a sorcerer. She has caused us no harm. Surely not everyone who practices magic can be evil." Arthur says

"We don't know why she's doing this," I say

Morgause looks at us. "It is time."

Arthur rakes a deep breath and smiles at me; he walks over to Morgause.

"Close your eyes," Morgause says

Arthur closes his eyes. There was a gust of wind, and it felt like time stopped. A blonde woman that looks exactly like Arthur appears in front of him, I couldn't see her face, but I'm sure she had beautiful blue eyes just like Arthur's.

"Arthur," She says.

Arthur opens his eyes. 

"Arthur," She says again.

"Mother," Arthur says.

"My son" She walks over to Arthur.

She pulls him into a hug. "When I last held you, you were a tiny baby. I remember your eyes; you were staring up at me. Those few seconds I held you were the most precious of my life."

"I'm so sorry," Arthur says.

"You have nothing to be sorry for." Arthur's mom says.

"It was my birth that caused you to die." Arthur states.

I could never bear that burden. It must be so hard on Arthur to be without a mother. And for him to think it was his fault.

"No, you are not to blame." She says

"I cannot bear the thought that you died because of me," Arthur says.

She pulls him into a hug again. "Do not think that. It is your father who should carry the guilt for what happened."

"What do you mean?" Arthur asks

"It is not important. What matter is that you lived." She replies

"Why should my father feel guilty?" Arthur asks, pulling out of the hug.

"It is better left in the past." She says

"You cannot leave me with more questions. Please." Arthur says.

Igraine turns away. "Your father... He was desperate for an heir. Without a son, the Pendragon dynasty would come to an end. But I could not conceive."

"Then how was I born?" Arthur asks

His mother looks at the floor.

"Tell me," He says

She looks back at him. "Your father betrayed me. He went to the sorceress Nimueh and asked her help in conceiving a child. You were born of magic."

Merlin and I were both shocked. It made sense why Uther was so adamant about Arthur not coming here. He didn't want Arthur to know the truth of how he was born.

Arthur shakes his head. "That's not true."

"I'm sorry, Arthur," Igraine says, "Your father has deceived you as he deceived me. To create a life, a life must be taken. Your father knew that."

Arthur shakes his head. "No."

"He sacrificed my life so that the Pendragon dynasty could continue. It makes you no less my son nor me less proud of you. Now I see you; I would have given my life willingly. Do not let this knowledge change you." Igraine says

Arthur looks at the ground and closes his eyes. There was a gust of wind, and Igraine was gone. Arthur looks up.

"No!" He looks to Morgause. "Bring her back!"

"I cannot. Once the doorway is closed, it is closed forever." Morgause walks over to Arthur. "I am truly sorry that you learned of your mother's fate in this way. I can only imagine how it must feel to discover your father is responsible for her death. It is an unforgivable betrayal."

Morgause looks at me and nods her head. Morgause turns and walks away.  Out of the door, we came from 

I walk over to Arthur and put my hand on his cheek. "Are you alright?"

He doesn't say anything; he stares at me blankly.

"Arthur?" I ask

He pulls away from me and turns to Merlin. "Fetch the horses. We're returning to Camelot."

Arthur walks away.

"Merlin... what do you think he is going to do?" I ask

"I have no idea," Merlin says

He quickly walks after Arthur with me behind him.

Sorry for the short chapter next one will be longer