Chapter 40 ~ The Unicorn

A few days after the battle of Ealdor I had made my piece with Will's death. Everything had gone back to normal, Merlin went back to working for Arthur I was still hanging out with Arthur and Merlin a lot but I also spend alot of time with Morgana. We have gotten really close over the last few days.

Today we were out hunting with Arthur and two other men. Arthur was leading the group then the other two men then Merlin and me. He led us past some rocks and made us stop, I was not concentrating so I crashed into Merlin when he stopped.

"Sorry" I whisper

"It's fine" he whispers.

Arthur gestures us to walk again we walk to a bank then we hear sticks break, Arthur makes us stop he turns and looks at us. He gestures the two men to go around a different way the men nod and go toward the way Arthur gestured.

"Merlin, Olivia" Arthur whispers 

We walk over to him.

"What is it?" Merlin asks

"I don't know" Arthur replies "We'll surround it. I want you." Arthur points at Merlin "To go in there and flush it out."

"You want me to go in there?" Merlin asks in shock

"You just said you don't know what it is now you want my brother to go in there. It could be dangerous." I whisper 

"Let's hope so" Arthur grabs Merlin 

"Wait wait, I'll go" Before Arthur or Merlin could object I was already walking to where the noise was coming from.

"Olivia!"  Arthur hisses "Olivia!"

I walk cautiously to the sound, I hear a rustling coming from my right, I slowly walk toward it. I walk out through the trees into the opening I look up and see a unicorn standing on the hill.

I stare at the unicorn in awe, I slowly walk toward it when I get in front I hear sticks break behind me, Arthur was coming

"You need to go, please" I say trying to get the unicorn to leave. 

I hear sticks break again "Please you have to go they are going to kill you"

I look up at the mountain and see Arthur aiming his crossbow at the unicorn.

"Arthur! No!" I shout but Arthur already shot the arrow. 

The arrow pierced the unicorn it neighed and fell to the ground. I fall to my knees by the unicorn.

"I'm sorry" I whisper 

Merlin kneels down next to me.

"Ha ha, a unicorn." Arthur says happily.

"What have you done?" I ask angrily

"Dont be such a girl, Olivia" Arthur says.

"I am a girl, if you haven't noticed" I state