Chapter 46 ~ Darkling Forest

I wake up the next morning. I get up and get dressed then get Merlin up. C'mon get dressed, Merlin groans and goes to get dressed behind the screen. Merlin and I go down the stairs into the main room.

"Olivia, Merlin, come and take a look," Gaius says

Merlin and I walk to either side of Gaius and look at the book he was reading.

"I've been doing some research and found this." Gaius points to a page in the book.

Merlin bends down and reads out load "The mage stone?" 

"The wonder of the ancients lost for a thousand years or more," Gaius explains.

"What does it do?" I ask 

"Theoretically, it could give the bearer power of transformation," Gaius replies.

"Gold," Merlin and I say.   

"The power of alchemy," Merlin says

"Exactly, I believe that it was the mage stone that the two of you sensed on the night of Tom's arrest," Gaius says

"Of course!" I say "Gwen said that Tauren had some stone."

"Well, there you go," Gaius says.

 "I'm going to look for Gwen she's probably by Morgana." I turn and walk out the door.

I walk into Morgana's chambers.

"Gwen? Morgana?" I call

"Here," Gwen says 

I walk over to Gwen. "How are you doing?" I ask

"As good as I can be, I guess" Gwen replies

Suddenly Morgana bursts through the door.

Gwen shoots up "M'lady." 

Morgana looks at us. "Gwen, Olivia"  she walks past us holding her arm. "I didn't expect you guys to be here." 

We turn and look at her. 

"What happened to you?" Gwen asks

"Nothing." Morgana looks at us "Well, nothing a hot bath wouldn't fix." 

I glance down to her arm where both arms had raw skin. Gwen and I both stare at her waiting for her to give us a proper answer.

"I spent the night in the dungeon," Morgana says 

I shake my head, "Uther."

"He doesn't like to be challenged." Morgana states

"It wasn't about my father, was it?" Gwen asks

Morgana looks at Gwen "You have enough to deal with without worrying about such things."

 You shouldn't have done that, not on my behalf." Gwen starts tearing up "If anything happened to you, I couldn't bear it." 

"You need to go home, Gwen," I say 

"I'm fine." Gwen Replies

She starts walking around and puts a brush and mirror away. Gwen starts crying.

"Gwen?" I ask 

Morgana walks to Gwen and puts a hand on her shoulder "Gwen?" 

"I can't go home." Gwen cries

"That's understandable," I state.

She walks around Morgana and towards her bed. Morgana and I follow.

"Tauren." She says.

"Tauren?" Morgana and I ask. 

We stand and look at Gwen; she looks at us.