Chapter 96 ~ The Dragonlord

We were walking alongside our horses. I was feeling horrible. My head was spinning, and now and then, my vision blurs.

I look to the front and see Arthur looked the way I felt.  Merlin looks back at him.

"It's all right," Arthur says 

Merlin's eyes drift to me. 

"Yeah, I'm good," I say

"No, it's the wound. Let me have a look." Merlin says.

Merlin stops his horse, Arthur and I do the same. Merlin checks Arthur's back first. I hear a twig break.

"Get down!" I hiss.

Merlin pushes Arthur down. I lift my head just about the log and see about five of Cenred's men patrolling; once the men were gone, Merlin turns to Arthur.

"Arthur." He whispers, "Arthur." 

He was asleep; the wound must've been infected. 

Merlin looks at me. "Will you be okay to ride?" 

"I should be," I say.

"Okay, but let me look at your back."

I nod, and he crawls to my back; he pulls my shirt down gently and lifts the bandage. He sighs.

"What? What Is It?" I ask 

"It's infected, like Arthur's," Merlin states, "But yours is gonna be worse because it is bigger. The dragon's claw sliced your back and more like stabbed Arthur. We've got to get moving."

I help Merlin carry Arthur to the horses; we lift him and hang him over the saddle. Merlin helps me on then get's on himself. 

We get to the forest of Marendra; Merlin gets off his horse. 

"Liv, are you going to be okay?" He asks

I close my eyes; I was so tired... 

"Olivia!" 

"Merlin, why are you spinning?" I fall off my horse, and luckily Merlin was there to catch me.

He lays me on the grass. "Stay here." 

Merlin disappears down the hill; once he was gone, everything goes black.

Merlin's pov

I run down the hill toward a cave. I stop running when I get to the cave.

I walk into the cave cautiously. I get further into the cave and see a bed with some pots and food. Suddenly an arm comes around my neck.

"What do you want here, boy?" The man holding me asks.

"My friend and sister are sick. They need help." I say while this man was choking me.

He pushes me away from him; I turn and look at him. He steps out of the shadows. A scruffy-looking man emerges; he had a long beard and a friendly face. But don't take it for granted.

"Show me, boy." He says

I stare at him for a while. Was this my father?

"What are you waiting for? Fetch them!" He hisses.

"I can't carry them both," I state.

He rolls his eyes and starts walking out of the cave.  I quickly follow him. He grabs Lilly, and I carry Arthur with difficulty. We take them back to the cave. I take Lilly's armour off and lift the back of her shirt.  I undo the bandage and look at the man.

He grabs a cream of some sort and puts it on the wound. He puts his hand over her her "Ahluttre the seocness. Thurh-haele braed."

 He then moves to Arthur and puts the cream on his chest, and says the same thing.