Chapter 8 ~ The Final

A while later I find Merlin in our room with a statue of a dog."Do I even want to know what you're doing?" I ask

"I'm trying to do a spell that will bring things to life to use..." Merlin tells me

"On the snakes, genius," I say sitting down next to Merlin.

I read the spell "Berbay odothay arisan quickem"

It doesn't we sat all night trying to do it. The tournament was about to begin and we still hadn't figured it out the Merlin and I said the spell at the same time "Berbay odothay arisan quicken." It worked the statue turned into a real very feisty dog. Merlin and I sprinted out of the room.

"Don't go into our room we'll sort it out later." Merlin told Gaius.

Merlin and I ran to the arena where Valiant and Arthur were fighting. We were waiting for the perfect moment to make the snakes come alive. Arthur knocked Valiant's helmet off Arthur took his helmet off and threw it.  Valiant hit Arthur in the head he fell over Valiant ran and stood on Arthurs sword Valiant was about to kill Arthur but he rolled away now Arthur doesn't have a shield. Valiant flicked Arthur's sword out of his hand.

"Merlin  do it now."

He nodded. I ran around to one of the seats so I could see properly. Merlin must've done it because the snakes came out of the shield. I couldn't  what Arthur said but I heard Valiant

"Kill him!" Valiant shouts 

The snakes fall out of the shield and are going for Arthur he is absolutely defenseless. I look around and see a sword near Gwen.

I grab the sword. "Arthur!" 

He looks up at me and I throw the sword down to him. He grabs it spins around and kills the snakes. He is now going for Valiant. Arthur killed Valiant. Everyone cheers for Arthur, I take I big sigh of relief. I quickly run to Merlin. 

"You did it!" I jump into his arms.

"So did you I saw you throw Arthur the sword." He smiles at me.

Arthur walks past Merlin and I, He looks at me and nods then pats Merlin on the shoulder.

We were all at the feast while Uther Announced "My honorable guests, I give you Prince Arthur your champion."

Everyone begins applauding when Arthur walks in. Merlin and I are standing to the side with Gaius 

"See? I told you he gets all the girls and the glory." Merlin says to us

"And he owes it all to you two." Gaius smiles

Arthur suddenly appears next to Merlin and I "Can you believe Morgana she is so stuck up."

"So how does it feel to be saved by a woman?" I ask 

"I wouldn't say saved I would've figured something out." He says proudly

"You are unbelievable you are too proud to admit I saved your life. " I scold

"Yeah yeah okay shhhh." He smirks "Merlin I wanted to say I made a mistake it was unfair to sack you."

"Nah don't worry about it you can buy me a drink and we'll call it even." Merlin smiles

"Uh, I can't really be seen to be buying drinks for my servant." He shrugs

"Wait, a second your servant?" I ask. " but you sacked him."

"Now rehiring." He smiles

Merlin chuckles.

"Now my chamber is a complete mess my clothes need washing my uh armor needs repairing my boots need repairing, my dogs need exercising my fireplace needs sweeping, my bed needs changing, and someone needs to muck out my stables.

I can't help but laugh "You have fun with that Mer."

"Oh shut up Liv." Merlin scolds

I burst out laughing and so does Merlin