Chapter 26 ~ Into the stacks

I wake up the next day and find my arm was re-bandaged and Merlin is gone. He was probably with Arthur.  I get up from my bed and go to look out the window. I look out and see Arthur riding out with Sophia. I roll my eyes.

"Honorable intentions? Yeah, right," I say 

I get dressed and go downstairs.

"The sleeping beauty awakens," Gaius says to me as I open the door and go into the room.

"What?" 

"You've been asleep all day its afternoon." 

"What? I've been asleep that long?" 

"Yeah, you needed the rest." 

At that moment, Merlin walks through the door. He was covered in rotten fruit and vegetables.

"Have you been playing with your food again?" Gaius asks

"The king put me in the stocks," Merlin replies 

"Why, exactly?"   I question

"What did you do, Merlin?" Gaius asks 

"Nothing" Merlin replies

Gaius and I both give Merlin a funny look.

"Honestly, it wasn't my fault." Merlin states "Arthur wanted to get out of going on a patrol with Uther and the guard. So I covered for him and took the blame."

"And Arthur let you do this?" I ask 

"It was his idea" Merlin states while he began washing his hair.

"What made him neglect his duties?" Gaius asks. "It must've been something terribly important."

"Ooh ooh, I'll say say" I lift my hand.

"Okay, Olivia, go for it."  Merlin laughs

"It's because of Sophia"  I smirk. 

"The girl from the forest?" Gaius asks.

"He wanted to take her out for the day." Merlin smiles. "He is besotted."

"But they've only just met." Gaius was having trouble wrapping his head around this.

"It must've been love at first sight," I say in a high pitched voice.

"I suppose so," Gaius says.

Gaius suddenly walks out the door. I look at Merlin and shrug then help Merlin clean up. 

It took a few hours for us to clean up Merlin. By the time we cleaned him up, it was night time. We headed up to our room and went to bed.

~Next day~

Merlin and I woke up the same time the next morning, so I decided to go with him to Arthur.  We walked into his room. Merlin began doing something with Arthur's armour, and I was sitting on the floor when Arthur came walking in fully dressed.

"You're dressed," Merlin says in shock.

"Nothing gets past you does it, Merlin?"  Arthur says "Why are you on the floor, Olivia?"

"Because I want to be on the floor. And aren't you supposed to be wearing your armour?" I ask 

"Yes, he is!" Merlin snaps "Your father is bestowing  a knighthood on one of your men this morning!"

"Yeah so, I'm giving it a miss," Arthur says.

Merlin gives a big sigh of irritation and puts the armour down on Merlin's chair.