Chapter 79

"You're o-"

The vampire was met with ultraviolet eyes as she turned.  "Why are you here, Apollo?"

He was by her side in an instant and I growled as he reached for her.  "You've been warned, Leech."

He snarled.  "This wa-"

He clutched his throat.  "I'll ask again... why are you here?"

He heaved a breath.  "They wouldn't... let me come to get you.  And..."

I saw her lips poke out as he started to gurgle.  I ran my fingers through Violet's hair.  "It's okay if you kill him... I won't mind."

She giggled as he yelped clutching his chest.  "No, he is not mine to kill just yet.  But, he touched what is mine."

Xavier chuckled an evil glint in his eye as Zoey went to sit in his lap.  "Could have let him touch you, Sis.  I would have helped."

She smiled sweetly.  "Now, where's the fun in that?"

Again, he was gasping.  "I mean... fun for me."

Ray appeared, smiling.  "Oooo someone told you about the dangling by his neck thing, didn't they?"

Violet pursed her lips and he started to scream.  "I'd stop bringing that up."

Xavier scratched his cheek.  "So... bad time to mention that if he would have stayed in his place... you wouldn't have taken a tumble."

She sighed as Apollo was drowning.  "You're making me mad on purpose."

Romulus strolled in.  "Oh, I'm missing the fun?"

Apollo looked at him wide-eyed before he started to moan in pain again.  Cedric was right behind him and froze.  "Best friend!"

Violet sprang up and jumped in his arms.  "You have stories for me and you will tell me the truth."

He tucked a hand under her thigh and brushed some hair from her face.  "Have you finished your fun here?"

Cedric made a strangled noise as Apollo started to cough up dirt, still unable to breath.  "Yes, I must stop for your mate's sake.  I have a lot of explaining to do."

He chuckled and I couldn't bring myself to be mad as he kissed her cheek.  "He was warned, but... seeing is believing."

She beamed and hopped down to take Cedric's hand as Apollo tried to catch his breath.  "He touched what is mine after I took a tumble."

Cedric nodded.  "Strangled him, right?"

Her eyes had just turned grey and were purple again as Apollo began to cough up water.  "So... let's not talk about that any more, but yes."

Cedric scratched his head.  "Romulus said he'd be dead if..."

She beamed.  "I would, but there are rules and he is not mine to kill, but he's getting pretty fucking close."

It must have become too much as Apollo slumped on the floor.  "Bu-"

She shook her head as her eyes returned to normal.  "No he's alive.  But yes, no one should touch what isn't theirs, so if you are uncom-"

He chuckled.  "I know you two mean nothing by it."

She hugged him and rubbed her cheek against his, eyeing Romulus.  "I doubt you'll get far."

She giggled.  "Fun..."  She frowned at Apollo and pulled him up by his hair to slap him in the face.  "Wake the fuck up."

He eyes fluttered open and widened.  "I-"