Chapter 27

Of course my lovely grandmother would be the one to have the girls and boys shift separately.  I was still a little annoyed with her as I got out of the shower and got dressed.  "She doesn't know you're mates."

I side-eyed Ray.  "Don't end up on my kill list."

She giggled.  "Then whoever will comfort you while she dotes on your twin."

I threw a pillow at her.  "Shut up.  She always liked him more."

She sighed.  "He is a lot nicer to her."

I rolled my eyes.  "If she was nicer to me... then maybe I'd consider it."

"That's childish."

"She's older... a lot older."

My friend could only sigh as she grabbed me by the shoulders to join the others.  "Stop that, she is helping us out."

I pouted.  "Isn't that supposed to be a maternal instinct or something?"

As soon as we stepped into the dining room Ezekiel hugged me.  "Are yo-"

He jumped as he was smacked with a spatula and I couldn't control the growl that resulted.  "Hands off and you, Young Lady... better get that together."

I flared my nostrils as he slowly unwrapped himself from me.  "Grandmother, this is Eze-"

She waved her hand carelessly.  "I know who he is."

I took a slow breath, this woman was going to make me kill her.  "Sit, eat, and Xavier dear, tell an old woman about your journeys."

Ezekiel frowned, but did as he was bid.  I chose a suitable place on the wall to stare at as she catered to everyone... except me of course, that simply wouldn't suit her.  Ezekiel laced his fingers through mine under the table.  So... not a fan I take it.

I shrugged.  She... has always been this way.  It's fine.

He gently ran his thumb over my hand.  We ca-

No.  We stay the night and leave in the morning.

He was perplexed, but for all her faults, she offered us food and shelter.  Enjoy her, Ezekiel.  She really is kind and loving.

Xavier was happily telling her about the pack and our territory.  "Oh, they must really love you.  Strong young man, definitely suited for an Alpha."

I ran my tongue over my teeth as he paused.  "No Granny, Violet i-"

She grunted.  "Is mated to an Alpha.  She will be his Luna, no doubt."

He shook his head.  "No... she is and will always be our Alpha."

She glared at me.  "That is no place for a young lady."

I kept my gaze steady on the wall.  "I disagree."

She frowned.  "And why is that?"

I pursed my lips.  "It simply doesn't suit me.  Please, let's not argue with gu-"

She turned to Ezekiel.  "And you are okay with this."

I sighed as he smiled down at me.  "I wouldn't have it any other way.  She is strong, independent, and a wonderful Alpha.  Her entire pack would agr-"

She clicked her tongue.  "She has you fooled as well then."

I closed my eyes.  "May I be excused?"

She huffed.  "Do as you please.  That's what you're good at right?"

I stood and stopped my mate from following.  "It's okay, Love.  Enjoy her hospitality."  I kissed his forehead as he looked lost.  "I won't be far, promise."