𝟑𝟑 | 𝐫𝐞𝐦𝐢𝐧𝐢𝐬𝐜𝐞𝐧𝐭

Start from the beginning

After a few more minutes of doing nothing, the girl felt her phone from a text. She slightly grieved at the thought of answering; though she was lonely, she didn't exactly feel like talking to someone. Hyesoo was truly conflicted by her feelings. After contemplating for a bit, Hyesoo took a sip of her strawberry juice and picked up her phone.

+82 127 0802

Unknown
yoo hyesoo
it's me mark

Hyesoo
oh? how did you get my number

Mark Lee
you gave it to me a while back hahahaha

Hyesoo
well then hi mark :)
do you need something?

Mark Lee
in fact i do
could you meet me at vision park?

Hyesoo
like right now?

Mark Lee
yea if you don't mind

Hyesoo
.sure i'll see you there ig

Hyesoo sighed for what was probably the seventh time in the hour. "It's not like I have anything better to do. I might as well go," She thought to herself. As she walked towards the park she hadn't been to in years, the girl wondered at what Mark wanted. "It's not like we're the closest of friends. Is there something I have that he'd want in particular?" She thought, pacing her steps.

As the sun set faster than usual, nature's winds began to walk beside the girl. The seasons were beginning to change and as winter approached, Hyesoo yearned for the bits of warmth she could find. The trees were beginning to lose all of their leaves, which Hyesoo enjoyed seeing. The leaves were a symbol of letting go and losing what you didn't need, a lifestyle the girl saw herself following more often.

But why Vision Park of all places? It's practically a dead piece of land ever since they opened the shopping district right next to it.

All of these questions pondered in her mind as she finally arrived at the park. The park was empty with no one there, and the fairy lights that usually brightened up the place were turned off. Hyesoo was confused in the dark surroundings, barely making her way to the picnic table behind the graffitied ledge that Mark told her to go to.

"Mark? Are you there?" She asked the darkness.

As she took a look at her surroundings, suddenly the darkness was filled with light. "Maybe he plugged the lights in, and he's coming now," Hyesoo thought to herself.

The girl could hear footsteps come from behind her. She turned around, "Mark, there you are-" She began to say before her shock stopped her words.

"What are you doing here?" She bitterly spat out.

"I need to talk to you."

"Mark will be here soon, so you should leave," She replied, not even glancing at the guy who was walking towards her.

"Mark hyung was never coming. I just need to speak to you," He explained, grabbing Hyesoo's wrist to stop her from running away this time.

The girl sighed, "Fine. Go ahead and explain what you need to, Jeno."

Jeno smiled in relief but quickly plastered a serious expression on his face. "The girl you saw me with. Yes, we're getting engaged. Our parents want us together for business reasons, but we've come up with a plan to stop them. You don't have to worry about anything. I just needed to tell you this before you stop trusting me," He explained, waiting for a response. Hyesoo stood there, her face blank of emotions. Jeno's nerves were growing by the seconds as he was yet to hear any words from the girl.

"But Jeno," Hyesoo finally began to speak, "What if... what if I can't trust you anymore?' She asked.

You could hear Jeno's heart shatter from her words. The whole point of wanting to explain to her was so she could trust him. But the fact that she can't after everything Jeno did to get to this moment? The boy couldn't believe it.

"W-what do you mean?" Jeno stuttered, his eyes shaking in fear as well. His only wish that allowed him to not break in front of her was the hope that she wouldn't leave him.

"Look, Jeno. I... I really do like you. Hell, maybe I love you, and I just don't want to admit it. But you know me. And I try and try to trust people, but in the end I just break down and quit. But it's you, Jeno. I can't let go of you again like I did in the past. We're both adults now, not some silly little teenagers that lived in the moment. I genuinely really want to be with you, but how can I trust that everything will be okay if there's something holding you and us apart?" Hyesoo said, her tears on the verge of breaking.

Jeno gripped on her hands tighter, not wanting the girl to leave him. "Well then, what's gonna happen to us?" He asked shakily.

Hyesoo took a deep breath, "Look, until you can figure out all of your shit... We should take a break. From us."

The boy's tears were beginning to fall, "Please. Please don't do this," He uttered, his voice barely heard.

Hyesoo wanted to say okay. She wanted to tell him that she was just kidding, and that they will always be together forever. But that would be against her previous statements. She knew that her words were right. They were adults now, and it would be foolish of her to think that everything could be fine just like the golden years of highschool. Time and fate had spoken, and Hyesoo wasn't one to argue with that. She knew she needed to wait, even if it broke her as well.

The girl shook her head and removed her hands from Jeno's grip, "I'm sorry," She muttered before leaving.

Déjà vu. It doesn't happen often as each day is new with nothing being the same. But the rare cases it does come up, it's usually never the greatest. Sometimes, the greatest deals of the concept were when the world felt in opposition against you. The winds howled, the sky cried, and it was usually never a good thing. Most of the time, you would just wish for it to end before it becomes a horror.

Jeno watched as Hyesoo left him, her figure slowly disappearing from his eyesight. As the clouds started to form together, unexpected rain began to pour. Jeno stood there, unable to move as his tears fell upon his face. He didn't care if he was going to get sick, he didn't care about this stupid engagement, he didn't care about anything except for this moment. The person he loved the most walked away from him, what was left for him to do?

Déjà vu. That's what Jeno was forced to deal with.

if this chapter feels like a mess it's prob cuz i watched true beauty's finale as i wrote this haha