one hundred fourty two

Start from the beginning

"answer it." alex tells her.

"it's boston. it's boston. it's them." cristina gasps.

"okay, okay, wait, wait, wait, wait, you're gonna be gracious and humble." meredith says to cristina. "you're gonna thank them, but you are not gonna grovel. you remember who you are. you are cristina yang, and you are going to change the face of medicine. go."

"just answer the damn phone!" gwen shouts.

"quiet!" cristina shouts as well when she answers the call. "hello? yes, this is cristina yang."

the whole time meredith took photos from her.

¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤

gwen walked into the hospital only wanting a coffee from the coffee cart after she got driven there by meredith luckily.

"i thought you might need this." mark says from behind her.

she turned around and smiled at the sight of a coffee in his hand.

"god, i love you." gwen smiles taking the coffee giving mark a kiss. "you're the greatest husband on this planet."

"i am?" mark asks playing dumbfounded kissing her again.

"i would really want to show how much of a good husband you are and thank you for the coffee but i have a patient." gwen tells him sipping on her coffee.

"it's okay, just page me when you got the time." mark smirks leaning down to kiss her.

"i will." gwen smiles. "the kids?"

"hailey is in pre-school and piper plays with some kids in daycare." mark replies.

"no problems?" gwen asks.

"nope." mark shakes his head.

"thank you. really. i know i wasn't there often but cristina needs me now. she's my fellow and winning a harper avery award is a big part of someone's career." gwen tries to explain him. "i asked a lot from you. so, thank you."

"no problem. i love time with our kids." mark replies when his pager went off. "it's the e.r. see you later."

they kissed one more time before he sprinted off.

¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤

gwen stood with cristina in the room of link mcneil together with the his whole family.

gwen examined the young boy who was intubated and unconscious.

his older sister ivy already has a heart transplant behind her and now the youngest mcneil is showing the same sypmtoms.

it's a vicious circle and kind of ironic.

"hey, linkie." frankie, the middle child, greets her brother after she sprinted together with owen into the room. she held a muffin in her hands. "i got you a chocolate chip muffin for when you're feeling better."

"well, how are you feeling, frankie?" cristina asks the young girl.

even frankie had some heart problems. she got a pacemaker a while ago.

"pretty good." frankie replies trying to catch her breath.

"she just beat me in a race, so..." owen trails off standing next to gwen.

"looks like that pacemaker i put in is working. and-" cristina catched ivy eating chips. "serioulsy, ivy. sour-cream-and-onion chips for breakfast?"