2. Family Evening

Start from the beginning

"Aspen you asshole put me down!" I screamed. A few of the boys who were left in the studio burst out laughing and applauded Aspen.

"When I get out of this position you're all dead" I threatened them. There was silence for a few seconds before someone spoke. 

"That's what she said" Kina blurted. The studio roared with laughter and I rolled my eyes. Aspen pretended to let me slip from his grip causing me to scream.

"Aspen if you drop me I'm gonna kill you!" I yelled. Aspen merely laughed before he set me back down on the ground and went to go collect our bags. The blood rushed down from my head. I felt dizzy and began to see stars at the sudden blood rush. 

"Hang on I got you" I heard Kina's voice as she steadied me. She held onto me as I regained my bearings. 

"Thanks" I said awkwardly. Kina nodded and walked out of the studio door. Aspen watched as she left. He handed me my bag and we walked out of the studio together. When we got outside Taeyang was already waiting by his car while he talked to Aspen's older brother. They both looked in our direction as we came into their line of view.

"Look at the love birds" Aspen's brother teased. Taeyang laughed and high fived him. My cheeks burned and I used my hair to cover my face.

"Shut the fuck up" Aspen narrowed his eyes at his brother as he approached his car. They tussled for a few seconds causing me to laugh. 

"Remember to open the boxes when you get home Eri or else I'll do it for you" Aspen huffed, pushing his brother off him. I stuck my tongue out at him before getting into Taeyang's car. I shut the door and my brother looked at me with a raised eyebrow.

"So you and Aspen?" he teased. I pushed his shoulder. My older siblings always teased me about how close I was to Aspen. When I was younger they used to pretend to plan a wedding between Aspen and I.

"Stop it" I whined. Taeyang shook his head and started the car to drive us home. The drive home was quiet but the silence was comfortable. In the light of the street lights I noticed the tear tracks and redness of his face.

"What happened today after you left me at the studio?" I asked comfortingly. He stayed silent as we drove the remainder of the way home. We pulled into the driveway of the house. I was about to ask my question again when Taeyang spoke.

"Well let's just say you won't be seeing much of Elise anymore" He sighed and ran a hand through his hair. I patted his shoulder comfortingly.

"Don't worry about me Erika I'll be fine" he reassured. It was clear that he wasn't going to be fine but Taeyang liked to lie to me about his feelings so I wouldn't worry about him. It was also clear that he actually loved Elise regardless of what we all thought. 

I wonder what that feels like?

"Okay but I'm always here to talk" I said softly. I got out of the car and went into the house. As I entered the warmth of my room I saw that the packages on my bed remained untouched. I put my bag in the corner of the room before making my way to my bed. I ran my hand over the smooth satin of the garment bags that lay beside the boxes.

I unzipped the first garment bag. Inside was a beautiful lilac tulle dress with a corset bodice. I gently touched the skirt of the dress and admired the beauty of the soft butterfly decals that went from the bodice all the way down to the waist of the dress. I placed the dress and garment bag back onto my bed before opening the next bag.

Inside this one there was a beautiful three piece modern hanbok. The hanbok jacket was made of delicate black chiffon silk and it had beautiful floral decals on it. The top was just a solid black cropped top with the same flowers embroidered up the one side. The bottom was a black pleated skirt with a chiffon overskirt that had gold decals on all the pleats.