"Are you ready for our final battle, Raava?" Vaatu says darkly as he flies in. "Thanks to our friend separating us, I think this time I may be rid of you once and for all."

"Before you get to her, you'll have to go through me!" Wan exclaims.

"No human can stand against me," Vaatu chuckles darkly.

"Haven't you heard the legends? I'm not a regular human anymore."

I don't care, this is absolutely terrifying, so I rush behind a bush as Wan firebends at Vaatu. Vaatu flies away to avoid the blasts, however, he turns back and knocks Wan away with one of his tentacles.

"Come on, Wan!" I cheer.

"I lived ten thousand lifetimes before the first of your kind crawled out of the mud!" Vaatu yells.

He fires a purple energy beam out of his face, and Wan screams as he is knocked backwards again. I turn slightly, this looks painful to watch.

"It was I who broke through the divide that separated the plane of spirits from the material world!"

Vaatu Fires the purple beam again, and Wan grunts as he ricochets over the ground.

"To hate me is to give me breath. To fight me is to give me strength. Now prepare to face oblivion!" Vaatu yells again and fires another another purple energy beam at Wan who propels himself with his firebending to avoid it.

"Raava! The only way to win is together," Wan yells, so Raava flies to him and they merge together.

"Ah!" He screams as Raava's energy radiates off his body.

Vaatu attacks by whipping his tentacles, and Wan evades by flying on a cloud! The two of them exchange blows, with Wan being more powerful and making a decent stand against Vaatu. Vaatu still has the upper hand in the fight, even though Wan is now capable of bending two elements simultaneously. I cheer for Wan, but he is forced back, his physical form starting to become static as his energy becomes unstable.

Come on, Wan! For Jaya and Yao!

"I have to leave you. If I stay any longer, you will die," I hear Raava say.

"It doesn't matter. If you leave me now, Vaatu will destroy everything. We have to finish this together."

Wan and Vaatu exchange more blows, Wan charges at Vaatu. He manages to land a fire blast, I groan at the sight of him being shot backward toward the southern portal by Vaatu's energy beam. He skids to a halt right before the portal where Vaatu pins him down using one of his tentacles.

"The Harmonic Convergence is about to begin. The era of Raava is over!" Vaatu announces.

"Get up, Wan!" I yell at him.

I watch in awe as I notice Wan's chest light up briefly, showing Raava's form inside his chest. I'm guessing this is because of harmonic convergence. He reaches his right hand behind him, causing the energy of the southern spirit portal to flow though him, basking him in blue light. Vaatu notices and releases him in shock.

Is the spirit of darkness scared? But I thought you were so powerful, coward!

I gasp. Wan's eyes, they're glowing! He cries out, and the white lights shoots out of his mouth and eyes, enveloping the area. I can feel myself getting chills.

"We are bonded forever," I hear Raava say.

So that's how it happened! I get it now, I get it! The Avatar is part spirit, duh! At first I didn't understand how that worked because Raava carried the elements for Wan, and I thought maybe she just eventually granted him all the gifts like the lion turtles did, but no! They're actually fused together forever. This is amazing!