CHAPTER ONE

CHAPTER ONE
Ami, the Daughter of the
Chief and Councilman

/ In this fanfiction Ami will
he replacing Ming in the White
Falls Wolfbats. Thank you very
much for the understanding. :)

AMI BEIFONG grew up spending most of her time with her mother since she was a remarkable earthbender, so Lin helped train her. As the first grandchild to Katara, Aang, and Toph, she was watched very closely by many people since they were very big in republic city. Especially Toph and Avatar Aang. She was also the only grandchild who met Avatar Aang and even had a picture of the two in a frame beside her bed.

Growing up with separated parents often wasn't easy, but she loved both her parents equally. Well, maybe her mother was her favorite person, but that is besides the point. She grew up getting the best marks at school and being adored by everyone at the police station. She wasn't a rule breaker, but she definitely bent the rules and tested Lin and Tenzin often. When visiting the Southern Northern tribe at the White Lotus Compound, one other person also helped create a lot of trouble with her, Avatar Korra. They were both a handful for the White Lotus and Tenzin when visiting.

Katara, of course, loved seeing them mess around and get into trouble together because it reminded her of when she and Aang were young. She saw so much of herself in Ami and so much of Aang in Korra and it was sweet. She loved it. Korra felt such a connection with Ami that they were rather inseparable. When they separated, it took a lot of prying Ami off of Korra. Tenzin found it to be a handful when taking Ami on these trips, but knew she deserved to see her grandmother and closest friend. He wasn't going to keep her from that.

Growing up, Ami also got along with Pema really well too. She grew to really love her step-mother. Not as much as she loved Lin, of course, but very close. Pema wanted them to be close so that way she never felt awkward when she came to visit Tenzin. When Jinora came along, she was only seven years old and she carried Jinora to do almost everything together. She thought because she was an earthbender, Jinora might be too, and she was sad when Jinora ended up being an airbender.

Ami was fiercely protective towards all of her siblings. She cared for them deeply, and she often wished her mother gave her earthbending siblings so she could train them. However, her wish was never met. And that was okay. She made sure to love on her other siblings as much as possible. Meelo, she tried not to touch often though since he was against cleaning which grossed her out. However, Jinora and Ikki looked up to their older sister greatly. Especially when Ami became apart of the White Falls Wolfbats, a pro-bending team that Tenzin hated that she was apart of.

Of course, Ami didn't really appreciate her team much either as they often cheated and Tahno flirted with her. Still, she stuck to it since she planned on creating her own team the following year. This is how she met Mako and Bolin. Ami and Bolin got together really well and they hung out very often. Mako was usually too busy being angsty in his room to join. As close as Ami was with Bolin, no bond was greater than hers with Korra. When hearing that the Avatar destroyed some of Republic City as she walked to a restaurant with Bolin, she quickly left to the police station.

Of course, she was being interrogated by her mother who looked beyond annoyed. Holding in a laugh, Ami came into the small room, placing her hand on Korra's chair. "Oh, come on, Mom. She thought she was doing Avatar things and didn't understand the rules." Ami stated, causing her mother to run a hand down her face. Lin already knew from stories Tenzin told her that they were trouble together and now that Korra was in Republic City, it seemed it was only going to get so much worse.