CHAPTER FOUR

CHAPTER FOUR
The Avatar's Gala

"The Avatar's Gala?" Ami glanced over at Korra, braiding her hair. Her eyes met with Korra's as she glanced away with a bright blush. They still haven't talked about the kisses. They didn't know how. It was strange because they never had expierence this with anyone else, even though Ami has dated before. Still, this was new and she wanted to do this right with Korra. "Do you know who all is going? Maybe I can invite my team. This would be a very good time for you to meet Tahno and Shaozu. They would love to see their competition."

Korra smiled a bit at her words, but held up a hand to stop her. Putting her hands on Ami's shoulders, she shook her head. "I was actually thinking you and I go. Together." Korra was more than ready to rush into a relationship with Ami, even though Ami wasn't even out to her parents. Only her Aunt Kira knew about the fact she liked girls, specifically that she liked Korra. "We don't have to but it would be nice." Korra said, leaning in softly. Ami grinned, kissing her softly. She knew that after Korra kissed her, she was going to agree with anything the Avatar said.

Korra pulled away, biting her lip softly. She knew that she could get Ami to say yes but it was actually proving to be kind of difficult. She would have to pull out the big guns. Making Ami laugh. "So..? What do you say to a little date with me? Technically, this would be our first since our confession of epic love." Korra stated with starry eyes. Her hand was on her chest with a dazzling smile upon her lips as she glanced over to see Ami's reaction. To her pleasure, Ami was trying not to laugh, a hand covering her mouth.

Ami rolled her eyes playfully as she stood up. Looking at Korra, she bummed a bit, thinking of the words to say. "You know, I wouldn't say we confessed anything. You kissed me and then said you rushed into the kiss. So, if this is you wanting to start something and take it slow, then fine. Let's go out on this date, Avatar. I'll meet you there. If I'm going to go, I'm going to need to get ready." Ami left Air Temple Island and a very flustered Korra. Still, Korra cheered in her head, grinning excitedly as Ami left.

The two were brought back together at the gala. Ami was dressed in an emerald dress, standing at the entrance. She was also occupied by snickering at the big portraits of Korra hanging on the sides of the building. "Ami!" A little girl called. Recognizing the voice as Ikki, Ami turned to her sister with a wide grin. Ikki jumped into her arms, getting caught quickly by Ami. They had a really good bond. All of them did, honestly. Ami loved her younger siblings to death.

Putting Ikki down to hug her other siblings, she looked at Korra who had her mesmerized. Averting her gaze slightly with a blush, she felt Korra approach her with a wide smile. "Isn't it my turn for a hug?" She smirked teasingly. Rolling her eyes in a playful manner, Ami hugged Korra. A grin fell upon Korra's lips as she hugged her back. "Let's go inside now." Korra said, escorting Ami inside the fancy building. Ami watched her siblings run in from behind her, sighing. She was slightly embarassed. "I can believe this is all for me." Korra said as applause sounded throughout the building.

Ami was about to respond, but Tenzin responded first. "I'm not sure what Tarrlok's plotting, but keep your guard up. It's not like him to throw a party for just the fun of it." Tenzin stated in a fatherly tone. He was always suspicious of others. Especially when it came to Tarrlok. But, Ami supposed it was justified because her mother was just as suspicious as him.

"For now," Ami interrupted and cleared her throat, watching Tarrlok approach them, "let's just enjoy the party. It seems as if Councilman Tarrlok is coming this way, Korra."