CHAPTER TWELVE

CHAPTER TWELVE
The Revolution Begins

Ami bumped into Asami on her way to check on Korra. She looked upset, causing the Beifong to look surprised. "Hey, what's wrong?" She asked, stopping Asami before she could go too far. However, with the look she received from Asami, she knew Mako was at Korra's beside again. Which was fine, but sometimes, Korra would ask for Ami and he would make no attempt to get her, justifying to the world that apparently Korra needed him more than her. Which no one agreed with. Seeing Mako take Korra's hand, she rolled her eyes. "Mako, get out." She instructed, causing him to narrow his eyes at her before looking back on Korra with worry.

The look in his eyes made Ami sigh before placing a hand on his arm. "Mako, I promise she is going to be okay. But, we need to give her space. Plus, I'm her best friend and I'm going to be with her the whole time." She assured as Mako smiled a bit, walking out. Sitting beside Korra's bed, she quickly took her hand. "Hey, Korra..." Ami whispered softly. Leaning in, she placed a gentle kiss on her forehead causing Korra to smile and open her eyes.

"Hey," Korra whispered with a yawn following. She looked at Ami for a moment to see the girl grin widely. This caused Korra to grin as well. "I missed you. I was worried about you the whole time."

The growl of Korra's stomach interrupted them as Korra blushed a deep shade of red. Looking up at Ami, she watched the girl sigh with a smile. "Yes, Korra, we are having food prepared for you right now." She said, causing Korra to get up quickly and excitedly, dragging Ami to the kitchens where they could eat with Bolin, Asami, Mako, and her family.

Reaching the kitchen, she saw everyone there as food was sat in front of her. Sitting down beside Asami because Mako took the only seat that would be beside Korra, she began to eat. However, the sound of Korra eating hungrily distracted her. "The food tastes amazing, Pema." She had complimented as she looked around at everyone happily. Her eyes stopped on Ami for a second, her grin widening before eating some more. "I'm finally starting to feel like myself again." Korra beamed, swallowing the food stuffed in her cheeks. She was starved when she was with Tarrlok so this tasted better than usual.

Pema giggled softly before moving to catch a glimpse of Korra. Looking at her step-daughter, she smiled more. She had noticed the two sending each other looks the whole dinner. "We're so thankful you're home safe. I know Ami was especially worried." Pema got up to get some empty plates. Asami and Ami quickly volunteered to help as Tenzin began to talk about what Korra had gone through. So, that made Ami even more nervous about what was going on. Still, she just continued on, assisting Pema and Asami with dishes.

Ami almost dropped a dish as Pema cried out. Asami automatically went to check on her, but Pema waved her off. "No, no, it's okay... The baby is just kicking. Really hard." She said as Ami placed a hand on her back as she sighed softly. "It's no reason to worry." Pema assured them. Still, Ami kept a close eye on her step-mother. She has came to love Pema throughout the years, especially after her siblings were born. She was going to worry regardless. Glancing at Asami though, she sent her a reassuring smile, calming Asami's nerves.

Well, both of their nerves began to calm down until Mako came in, kissing up to Korra again. "Can I get some hot water?" He asked, pushing passed the curtain covering the kitchens enterance. He looked over at all the girls in there before continuing. "Korra needs more tea." Mako stated, pointing to the tea kettle in his hand as he looked at them. No one made a move to help him, returning to their dishes.

"You're a firebender, Mako, boil it yourself." Asami said in a dull tone.

This caused Ami to snicker as Pema stepped out to give them some privacy, pulling Ami along with her. "She's not wrong, Mako. Quit kissing up to my best friend. She's not going to develop a crush on you." She stated before Pema forced her the rest of the way out of the kitchen. Ami pouted as she couldn't witness Asami take Mako down. She then watched Asami walk out after them and she frowned as Asami looked upset. Still, she settled down next to Korra, watching the nonbender storm through the kitchen to presumably her room. "Mako likes you." Ami stated casually, causing Korra to choke on her food and look at her.