CHAPTER ELEVEN

CHAPTER ELEVEN
Search and Rescue

Korra was missing and her friends were in jail for unnecessary reasons. Ami rubbed her temples, not knowing what to do. She couldn't fight, she didn't have the ability to. She looked around the crime scene, seeing all of the Equalist gear, but something was off about the scenario that Ami couldn't put her finger on. She couldn't sense any lies coming from Tarrlok though sense she didn't have her bending. Sighing as she walked out of City Hall, she needed to think. If the Equalist were going to take Korra, where would they go?

Hearing footsteps, Ami quickly took a defensive stance, freezing to see her parents, Mako, Asami, and Bolin. She wanted to be upset that they all went looking for Korra without her, but she did the same thing, failing to tell them her whereabouts. "Look at these jailbirds." She smirked teasingly causing Bolin to whimper. Ami's brows raised as he rushed to her, pulling her into a tight embrace.

"Don't joke about that place!" He whined out loud. Ami knew snot had to be escaping his nose at this point, her face twisting in slight disgust before giving in as she hugged back. "I thought I'd never see you again."

A short, awkward laugh escaped her as she patted his back, looking to Mako for some help. Smiling a bit, he removed his brother from Ami. Ami brushed off her outfit, looking at the group. "I'm glad you're all back, but I'm more worried about never seeing Korra again. No offense." She added with a blush. "I went to City Hall and nothing is adding up." Ami had detective skills with or without her bending. It was something that impressed Lin and something Lin had pride in since she was her daughter, after all.

Lin hummed at her daughter's words, nodding softly. "We hear you, but we should still investigate our current lead so we could put all ideas at rest." Lin said before moving to feel the ground with bare feet. Something Ami never thought she'd miss. "There's a tunnel. This way." Lin led the group to where there was a gigantic gate and motorcycle tracks. Still, Ami didn't feel like this was right. She didn't understand why they were following this lead. Yet, she did understand that her mother had been a detective for years now and knew what she was doing. Even if Ami didn't agree with this, she knew she should follow Lin's instructions.

As the investigation continued, Ami began to grow bothered by how Mako was acting. Yes, it was fine to be worried about your friends, but he was on a different level. He was even shouting at Asami. Ami placed a hand on Asami's shoulder briefly before continuing to follow the firebender since he was their only source of light. "Hey, I get that you're worried, but don't you think that yelling at Asami was a bit harsh. She's only worried, too. We all are." Ami said, looking forward as they went down the tunnel.

Mako scoffed at her which kind of upset Ami as she scowled up at him. He glared at her in that moment before finally speaking. "You're acting like she doesn't even matter to you. She means the world to me and she should mean the same to you." He accused, the fire growing slightly as he spoke, causing Ami to wince. Ami was definitely more anxious than him, but she knew how to control her emotions in order to find her best friend. If she didn't have to have a brave face on, she wouldn't.

Breathing in for a moment, she clenched her fists. "Don't you ever accuse me of not thinking of Korra as being my world. She is more than my world to me. She is my universe, my sun, my moon, my stars. She's my best friend and that's something you will never understand. You don't even know how to treat women! Learn how to treat your girlfriend before saying I make it seem like Korra being missing doesn't matter." She fumed as the rev of a motorcycle was heard and Lin shouted at them to hide. The group quickly made their way behind a pillar watching the equalist enter a garage hidden within the walls.

Lin opened the garage area and the group walked in, looking at all the vehicles and Equalists within the area. Watching the Equalists go in a tram towards what they said were the prisoners, the group found themselves getting their own tram and following until it got to the end where they quickly capture the Equalists in order to make sure it was safe to enter. Of course, when heading towards Lin's officers, they were met with guards and Mako automatically began to question them.