CHAPTER EIGHTEEN

CHAPTER EIGHTEEN
The Southern Water Tribe

"Gran gran!"

Three voices were heard as Ami looked around excitedly, which caused Korra pointed out the elderly woman to Ami. When Ami caught sight of her grandmother, she was pleasantly surprised to see her aunt beside her, as well. "Look at you. I heard some news the two of us need to talk about." Kya winked at her niece, guesturing at Korra. A blush fell upon Ami's cheeks before Kya pinched then lightly and hugged the girl. The earthbender was quick to return the hug before pulling away in order to have a brief conversation with her aunt before returning to her girlfriend's side.

Korra was quick to reintroduce them as soon as Ami approached, wrapping an arm around Ami quickly. "Mom, Dad, you remember Ami, right?" She asked her parents with a smirk as she pulled the girl close to her. It was as if the girl was showing her parents how proud she was that Ami was her girlfriend. Which isn't far from the truth. In general, Korra was a proud person.

"I would say, I hope you're not getting Korra into trouble, but we both know it's probably her getting you into trouble." Tonraq started before laughing loudly, Ami laughing along with him, causing Korra to blush a deep shade of red. "Aw, calm down, Korra. I'm only teasing."

Korra rolled her eyes softly at her father's playful antics. After all, the teasing wasn't dishonest. When they were little, Korra always got her and Ami into trouble. Not much had changed. Ami nudged Korra softly before hearing Bolin gasped loudly behind the two, moving inbetween them. "Wow! Look at how many people came to greet us, guys?!" Ami giggled at the boy's cluelessness since she did see the Northern Water Tribe ship pull on. But, she didn't want to burst his bubble. He was always so amazed by all the things around him.

With that said, she knew what the ship also held within it. Eska and Desna. As children, they would write creepy poems to Ami every festival they would attend. This even continued into their teens. The last time she saw them, however, was four years ago when she was fourteen. She remembered them trying to convince Ami to marry Desna and become their princess. It caused Korra to grow very upset and throw several snowballs their way. Ami didn't know if she wanted to cringe at the memory due to how uncomfortable she felt, or if she wanted to laugh about how jealous Korra was. Instead, she opted to grip onto Bolin's arm shyly, glancing away.

Bolin noticed the shy look on her face, wrapping a protective arm around her. Korra looked over, a bit of jealousy at the pit of her stomach. Still, she knew Ami wasn't meaning anything by it. Clearing her throat, Korra looked at Bolin. "Actually, they're gather for them." Korra had jabbed her thumb back before she sighed a bit as the ship let its horn blare loudly.

Tonraq rolled his eyes when the ships horns went blaring. They were at the dock, so there was no point in the blaring. Still, he should've know that his brother was going to be so extra. "The great chief of the Northern Water Tribe has came to grade us with his presence. Hooray." Senna scolded him gently before comforting the man. He was obviously very sour with the chief and Bolin, Mako, and Ami internally, and mutually, decided that it wasn't their place to ask any questions.

Soon enough, the chief and his children began walking off the docked ship, greeting the group. Tonraq clicked his tongue, knowing he was going to have to introduce the chief to the group. As they grew closer, Tonraq brought Korra to his left in order to face her uncle. "Everyone, this is my brother, Chief Unalaq of the Northern Water Tribe, and these two are his children, Desna and Eska." Tonraq told them as Mako and Bolin tried to hide their shocked looks. They couldn't believe that Tonraq and Unalaq were brothers. They were so different, but way more different than Mako and Bolin were.