CHAPTER FOURTEEN

CHAPTER FOURTEEN
The Truth Behind Amon

Ami watched Asami, Iroh, and Bolin climb onto Naga as she took the group to the exit at the mountains. She then felt Korra's hand gently tug her to outside to the harbor, creating a water bubble around them. "So, you and Iroh?" Korra started, trying to start the conversation that would either calm her nerves before facing Amon or make her nerves much worse. Either way, she wanted to know the answer. It would be awhile until they reached the other side of the sea anyways.

Ami sighed, crossing her arms under the water, glancing at her. There was a small smile on her face. "He is thirty-six, for one. He is eighteen years older than me and I only ever saw him like an older brother. Don't worry, Korra. I'm more worried about you. You have us no communication earlier when you jumped into the water. You could've gotten injured... Or worse." Ami said as she looked away, causing Korra's eyes to widen. She hadn't realized that the reason Ami was upset earlier was because of that. She felt guilty at that moment, though it wasn't Ami's intention to make her feel that way.

Korra rubbed her neck as she looked at Ami. For awhile, she tried to think of what to say next. Closing her eyes, she sighed softly. "Listen, Ami, I'm sorry. It wasn't my intention to scare you like that. I'll try to be more communicative next time, I promise." Korra passed a brief smile over to Ami who nodded for a moment. The tension began to make Mako feel even more uncomfortable than he already was. However, just like Korra, he was now waiting for a response from Ami, too. She was being uncharacteristically quiet.

Ami ran a hand down her face before looking towards Korra, taking her by the wrist for a moment as the three stopped. Mako began to look at everything around him, pretending not to be paying attention as Ami kissed Korra softly. "I can't ask you to do that. What you did was risky, but you're the Avatar. My feelings got in the way, and it should be me apologizing." She told Korra who had a goofy grin from the initial kiss that Ami gave her. Ami blushed as she looked over at Mako's embarassed face. "Let's keep going." Ami took ahold of Korra's hand before continuing their walk through the water surrounding them.

Nearing the harbor for Air Temple Island, the three climbed out of the water. They looked around for a moment before placing their masks on, searching the area until Korra spotted Amon. "We need to get into the temple. Then, when he returns..." Mako started, looking at where the airship was flying.

A hand took ahold of Ami's before squeezing it gently and letting go. "We ambush him." Korra finished for Mako, looking at one of the places Ami had called home. She knew this was rough on her.

The three walked to the temple, trying to act casual. In all honesty, Ami had nothing to worry about. She could easily say she converted to Amon's side. Korra and Mako, however, was a different story. "What are you two doing here?" The voice startled the three as they slowly turned around to face the most loyal equalist that Amon probably had. He wielded a mustache and two weapons upon his back. He was the most recognizable of Amon's group. He probably had a lot of pride in that, too. He has been the closest, each time, to catching Korra. But, he never succeeded.

Mako quickly answered, saving the two from having to find n excuse because, let's be honest, Korra and Ami were the worst liars. "We were just transferred." He explained, hoping the man would buy it.

Thankfully, he did. Sadly, he brought along bad news. "Well, you're being transferred again. Amon wants extra security at the arena today." The equalist stated, crossing his arms as he examined the three. Something was off, but he couldn't quite put his finger on it.