Johnny

I looked in the scrapbook that held the pictures of my ex-boyfriend Johnny, thinking of all of the different fun times that we had together before he left me. To be honest, I don't really know why he left, I never did anything wrong to him besides the fact that I go pregnant with his child. Little Robby is now five and the past years that I had to raise him were tough to handle, but I did absolutely everything in my power to make sure that he was raised the right way. The only thing that he was missing in his life was the love and admiration from his father that should have been here in the first place. I hoped with all my heart that one day Johnny would come back to complete our family, but by now I started to lose hope.

Looking at the clock I realized that it was time for me to Robby to get out of school, so I grabbed my purse and headed out the door so that I could get him in time. When I pulled up to the school, I immediately saw little Robby waving at me with a big smile on his face. I laughed a little bit as I saw him be his goofy self. Robby got into the car, and he buckled his car seat before the two of us drove off.

"How would you like to go to the park?" I asked Robby making eye contact with him in the mirror. "Yeah!" Robby playfully yelled in excitement, and I made my way to the park that wasn't too far away from our small appartment. When the two of us got to the park, Robby quickly jumped out of the car and grabbed onto my hand, dragging me to the jungle gym. "Here you have fun now, I'm just going to sit on the bench." I said and Robby nodded at me before running up the stairs so that he could go to the slide.

I sat down on one of the benches and basked in the sunlight of the beautiful day that was upon us. I watched as people walked around and that is when my eyes locked on one persons figure. "It can't be." I said as I noticed someone who looked just like Johnny. Before I could turn my line of vision away, I locked eyes directly with him. He looked at me in shock and I did the same. There were so many emotions going through my head. In ways I hated him for ditching the two of us, but then I wished for the past five years that he would come to his sense and come back so that he could be a part of Robby's life.

He started to walk in my direction and I stood up so that I could see what he wanted. "Hey Y/n," Johnny said rubbing the back of his head. "Hey Johnny." I responded feeling a wave of memories pass through my head. "So how are you doing." Johnny asked awkwardly. "I'm going good how are you?" I asked trying to be nice. "I've been better." Johnny responded bluntly looking me up and down. The two of us stood there in silence for a second just taking in eachothers presence for a little bit.

I was snapped out of my thoughts when all of a sudden I heard Robby's voice say "Mommy, come play with me pleaseeee." in a whiny voice. Johnny's eyes looked over Robby who was standing right there looking at him as well, curious as to who this man was that was talking to his mom. "Is this him?" Johnny asked looking back at me directly in the eyes. I nodded and said "Yeah this is Robby." in a soft manner. "Hiiiii!" Robby exclaimed as he waved energetically at Johnny. I could feel tears start to form in my eyes as I watched Robby talk to who he didn't know was his dad. Johnny said "Hi there buddy." In a sweet voice.

"Can I play with him?" Robby asked as he looked up at me waiting for an answer. I thought about for a second and said "Yes you can as long as Johnny here agrees." Robby jumped up and down in excitement as Johnny said "Let's go!" Johnny exclaimed and Robby went sprinting to the swings while yelling "Push me push me!" Robby got onto one of the swings and Johnny started to push him back and forth over and over again. The two of them were smiling the whole entire time. It was really sweet to watch the two of them together.

What if Johnny was guilty for leaving the two of us? Maybe he really wanted to come back but he was too afraid of what my reaction would be. My head was spinning a thousand miles per hour!

After about thirty minutes both Johnny and Robby came walking over to me. "Can Johnny play with us tomorrow?" Robby asked with an absolutely massive smile plastered on his face. I looked at Robby and then Johnny before I said "I'll have to talk to Johnny about it okay?" in a calm tone. Robby nodded his head gently and then grabbed onto my hand. Johnny took out a piece of paper and a pen and scribbled something down on it before handing it to me. "I know that you might not want to talk but here is my number if you do." Johnny said in a nervous way. I looked at him with a smile and said "I'll call you." Before turning around with Robby so that we could go to our car. "BYEEE!!!" Robby yelled to Johnny as we left.

Maybe my hopes will come true.