Part 76 - Connection

Start from the beginning

"... then we'll just find a place where we can! We're not like the angels... I know that. But we're not helpless! We'll find where we belong. And when we do, we'll grow strong together and save the world from evil!! Hahaha!!" Yachel cheered,

"..." Yukine thought back at his brother's words...

"Why... is it so hard to find where we belong?" he recalled Kyou saying.

"........" Yukine diverged his gaze back to the door.

Maybe I am being over-reactive... I suppose talking with Haru wouldn't exactly kill me...

Yukine opened the door... but no one was there.

Oh, right, It's been a minute since I closed the door on him....... whoops.

Meanwhile...

"So, how's your body doing, Yurio? Are you really feeling better already? You could hardly even move yesterday! I thought you were gonna die!" Atomu mentioned as he walked with Kyou and Yurio.

"Wow, thanks for the faith," Yurio grumbled sarcastically.

"It's to be expected. A human receiving demon magic... and magic as strong as Yachel's too... you should be dead, Yurio," Kyou mentioned.

"Uh!" Yurio froze from his abrupt words.

"Yet somehow, you're still standing. It's actually quite impressive. Very impressive..." Kyou added.

Yurio's eyes widened, and his cheeks darkened ever so slightly.

"You're strong, Yurio," Kyou told him, turning to look him in the eye.

Yurio couldn't move... his words caught him completely off guard. Someone as impressive as Kyou... was calling him strong?!

"That's what I've been saying!!!" Atomu jumped in.

"But I get the feeling you don't believe me, do you?" Kyou evaluated.

"Uh... Mm... well, I was the one who needed to absorb someone else's magic. So how can I be strong?" Yurio rejected.

"You're focusing on the negatives. A human body shouldn't be capable of surviving demon magic... but you have, Yurio. You're a strong human," Kyou told him.

"But a weak person," Yurio argued.

"Stop being so negative, Yurioooo!!! You're so strong!! It doesn't matter if we're human or demons or whatever!!! Have some faith in yourself before I slap my faith into you!!!!" Atomu suddenly attacked Yurio, shaking his shoulders.

"Lay off!!" Yurio detested.

"Agh!! Hey!!!" he yelped as Atomu slapped his cheeks repetitively.

"So... should I go get the materials or....?" Kyou muttered, stood outside a shop in the village as people started to stare at Atomu and Yurio, causing a scene.

"Yurio has to stay here and think about how amazing he is!!" Atomu decided.

"Ah- what?!" Yurio yelled.

"Until you admit that you're strong, you're staying right here!!" Atomu added.

"Who gave you the right to order me around?!" Yurio grunted.

"Echo said I had to look after you!! And I can tell that you're letting your head get the better of you, Yurio. You're hurting... and people do stupid things when they're hurt. So stay out here and clear your head. Look at everyone around you who don't know the first thing about magic! All these people you could protect! All these people who would give anything to be half as powerful as you!" Atomu lectured him.