" It's time for you to know what the Salvatore family does," Mamma says and signs me to sit down. I do as she 'says' and sit down in front of them.

Isa went upstairs again, they said that she would have to wait too.

" Figlia, we sell drugs, we make deals," my mother says without trying to make anything soft, she just told me that. " Remember when we were teaching you how to fight when you were younger?" I simply nod. " It's all for this, we need you to be a strong woman because as the firstborn you're going to be in charge, and you're lucky the family accepted the fact that you're a girl." She says the last part in a whisper.

Let me see if I got this straight, my family is a mafia and I'll have to rule it. And that's why my mother made me learn how to fight all of these years.

She thought me how to lie as nobody else could, if I need to I can just lie. I know how to fight and I know every spot that makes the other person weak.

I learned how to use a gun, how to throw a dagger, and never miss because mamma always said.

' Salvatores never miss.'

Every time I made anything wrong I would be punished, from having to stay in a dark room without water or food for who knows how much time, to have a couple of scars on my body.

How did I never figure out that there was something wrong with this family? It just never clicked...

But now I can see that 1+1 is equal to my family being in the mafia.

" I've taught you everything you need to know, now, your first deal is going to be made in a couple of weeks, prepare yourself." My mamma says and stands up, leaving the room.

Papà just looks at me, he gives me a small smile, and then follows my mother. I thought that he would help me out...

Is what he usually does when I need it...

How am I supposed to react? Be happy? Cry? And what terrifies me the most is that I'll have to make some deal if God knows who, in a couple of weeks.

She said that I should be prepared but how am I supposed to know what to do?

The next thing I know is that I have an impatient Isabella next to me.

" Anna, papà wants to tell us something!" But he just talked to me... well, he was here while mamma was talking.

I follow Isa as she runs down the hall and enters our parents' room.

" Figlia, I know I could have told you this a while ago but I wanted your sister to hear at the same time as you." He says with a smile, mamma comes in with her hand on her stomach...

" We want to tell you that you're having 2 little siblings," A smile spreads over Isabella's face, she always wanted someone to play with her toys.

" Do you know the gender?" I ask curiously. She looks at me and smiles slightly, or at least what she's doing with her face looks like a smile.

" One girl and one boy-" she starts but gets interrupted by Isa.

" Can I choose the names?!" Isa yells while jumping around, she always had a lot of energy and is a total social butterfly.

My mother was about to start talking but my father interrupted.

" Sure, what do you have in mind, amore?"

" Well, I was thinking about..." she mhms for a second and looks up at the ceiling. " Vera! I just love the name Vera so much, I gave it to my favorite doll!" She throws her hands in the air and spins, I giggle and my father does too, mamma just looks at her, her usual blank face.