I turned my phone over and the bright screen lit my face up as I watched the clock turn from 1:21 to 1:22. Already dressed and ready to approach the outdoors, I decided just to head out into town to meet Indie. I didn't mind being early. It was a bright sunny day and nothing seemed to bother me.

As I reached the tall brick building labelled 'Starbucks', I could just about make out a girl with dreaded hair, standing slumped over against the door, hands in pockets and drooping her head down towards the floor. The closer I approached her, the more her head seemed to drop down til eventually I was standing next to her, looking kind of sheepish alone. Out of the corner of my eye I could make out a full head of thick light brown hair which could easily cover her face and all the way down her back.

I shuffled about my feet not knowing what to do, really. I glanced around the corner of the coffee house, peering to see any sign of a bright purple head of hair.

The girl hanging her head flopped it sideways, lazily tucking her dreads behind her small ear to meet my gaze which was looking past her. Her face looked very unamused and tired. her bright hopeful blue eyes contrasting against her tanned complexion whilst black bags hung underneath them.

"Oh, sorry I was just looking for..umm..someone," I stammered, quickly leaning back.

"Oh, alright," she mumbled, tilting her head towards the blue cloudless sky, her light hair falling back, making the sun shine down on it, revealing little hints of ginger glistening about.

Her nose was very cute and suited the shape of her jawline. Her thin, pale dry lips constantly drooped down, looking like they hadn't smiled in years.

"What you looking at?" she muttered, raising an eyebrow in disgust.

"Oh, sorry nothing," I spoke, shuffling back even more into the wall and hanging my head down trying to avoid her glare.

"Kim, don't be so rude!" A dainty voice spoke up from the doorway. I recognized this voice from somewhere. In a dream, maybe?

We both shot our heads towards the direction of the voice. Except I just ended up looking to the back of the girl who was towering above the other. Not wanting to be caught staring again, I hung my head back down, my fringe flopping over my eyes as it blew about in a short gust of wind. I subconsciously tried to readjust it.

"Phil?" I heard the tiny voice explode.

As I looked hopefully toward the voice, I was greeted first by the other girl's glare, and my eyes then followed to the bright purple hair standing next to her. A small somersault flipped around in my stomach at the sight of her bright hopeful face gleaming towards me in the sunlight.

"Oh, hey Indie! I didn't realize it was you," I grinned, strolling over to them.

I didn't leave Indie's deep brown eyes until I had approached them. As I did, I stopped and looked from Indie towards the girl. She was still glaring at me with disgust but confusion managed to show through her layer of hatred.

"So, this is Kim," she spoke up, smiling awkwardly whilst puling the girl closer towards us by her jumper sleeve.

"Umm, hi Kim, nice to meet you," I said, stretching out a hand awkwardly, not really knowing what to do.

"And you," she spat reluctantly, taking it then dropping within a second. Her focus drifted away from me and towards the walls.

"Well, then," Indie cheered, breaking the silence. Except it wasn't really silence as the cars still roared past us.

"Shall we head inside? I had a look inside and.." she was abruptly cut off by Kim's snappy groan.

"Yep, sure, whatever, let's just go inside."

She stormed past us toward the doors and bashed her way in, leaving me and Indie outside in the sunlight.

"Sorry about that," Indie mumbled, scratching the back of her neck and avoiding my eyes. A sense of loneliness rushed around me for a while without her deep brown eyes gleaming back at me.

"No, it's fine," I chuckled. "I've seen worse people," I said as she rejoined our eye contact.

"That's not the point though," She smiled half heartedly, shrugging.

I gave her a sympathetic smile before gesturing towards the door.

"Shall we go find her?" I suggested, wandering past her, but never leaving her eyes. They were like tiny galaxies.

"Sure," she sighed after eventually following in my gigantic shadow.

I stopped midst in my tracks so she could catch up. She glanced up towards me giving a tiny, sweet, innocent smile as she stood by my side. The top of her lilac head just about reached the tip of my nose. I grinned back down at her as we carried on strolling into the shop.

Being the gentleman I am, as we approached the door I quickly skipped in front and opened the door, gesturing for her to enter.

"Thank you, Phil," she smiled as she padded through the door.

"You're very welcome, Miss Indie," I grinned to myself, strolling behind her.

This girl made me way too happy just by doing so many little things.

Just then out of nowhere, Kim popped up in front of Indie, making me jump slightly.

"Can I talk to you?" she muttered quietly under the hum of the coffee shop.

"Alone," she spat, looking directly at me with narrowed eyes, slicing into me.

"Oh, sure, sorry," I mumbled, shuffling away from them.

I watched closely as Indie was dragged away, her lilac hair flowing behind trailing after them.

I sat down at the table behind me, still watching their conversation from a distance. Kim's back was facing me whilst Indie watched her talk with a confused look spread across her face. Soon followed by an annoyed one piercing into Kim. Her face scrunched up as she frantically tried to speak above the rumble of the coffee machines and low mumble of peoples voices. I stopped watching, feeling as if I was eavesdropping and unlocked my phone.

5 minutes later, Indie returned without Kim.

"Where'd Kim go?" I asked searching behind her.

"She left," Indie huffed, plonking herself on the chair opposite me and hiding her head in her hands.

"Oh, should I ask or just leave it?" I mentioned stuffing my phone back into my coat pocket

She peered over her hands looking deep into my eyes. After a while she sighed and dropped them onto the tiny circular table, inches away from my hands. part of me wanted to hold them and never let go.

"It's just complicated, Phil," she smiled sympathetically.

"Okay, that's fine," I said, returning the smile.

Indie sighed one last time and glanced down towards our hands which were inches away from each other. I looked longingly at them until she awkwardly slid hers back. Feeling slightly embarrassed, I quickly darted my focus towards the till.

"I'll go fetch us some drinks, yeah?" I asked, standing up. "What would you like?" I asked, hovering at the side of the table.

"Just a caramel hot chocolate please, here have some money," she began to rummage around her black satchel.

"No, that's not necessary," I replied quickly

"No, it is," she continued to rummage.

"Well I already know what you want now, so just try to stop me," I teased, wandering away from the table, grinning

"Phiiil!" she chuckled trying to seem annoyed by crossing her arms.

"Not sorry!" I called back from the que.