"Amon has been lying to you. The spirits didn't give him the power to take people's bending away. He uses bloodbending to do it," Korra shouts again while pointing at Amon.

"Amon is a waterbender!" I announce to the crowd, and they all gasp.

I can understand why they're upset. They dedicated their lives to this movement, and now they're finding out that their leader who they genuinely love is a fraud? I'd feel hurt, too.

"What is this nonsense?" His right hand man exclaims.

"You're desperate, Avatar. You and your sister, making up stories about me is a pathetic last resort."

"Your family wasn't killed by a firebender," Korra says. "His father was Yakone, and his brother ... is Councilman Tarrlok."

The crowd gasps again, and I catch the Lieutenant sport a doubting look before angrily looking at Amon.

"Hmph, an amusing tale, but I will show you the truth," Amon says, and to my surprise, he removes his hood, unties his mask, and takes it off. The crowd gasps yet again as Amon's bare face appears in front of us, scarred and burned.

"This is what a firebender did to me," he says bitterly.

I look at my sister and then to Mako. The three of us confused, and reality setting in on us that we just gave ourselves away in front of a crowd that wants to take our bending- Maybe even worse, they actually look like they want to kill us.

'We need to get out of here,' I think to myself, but I don't know if I can. I'm scared.

What did we just do?

"The Avatar is lying!" Someone from the crowd shouts.

"I'm telling you! He's a waterbender," she yells to the crowd desperately, then turns to Mako and I. "They don't believe me. It didn't work!"

"We said what we had to. Let's get out of here!" Mako exclaims .

He grabs my hand, as I'm still frozen in shock and paralyzing fear. "Snap out of it, Kitty!" I hear my sister shout.

The three of us turn around as a bunch of Equalists spin bolas at us from above the balcony ready to attack. We immediately take a fighting stance as we continue to approach the Equalists on our way out.

"I wouldn't leave yet, Avatar. You'll miss the main event," we hear Amon say.

My heart pounds as I watch the stage rise. I almost faint as Tenzin, Jinora, Ikki, and Meelo come into view, each tied to a pole and gagged.

"No ... they got away," Korra says in disbelief. "We saw them get away!"

"Tonight I rid the world of airbending, forever."

"Amon, let them go!" I yell out desperately.

"You're welcome to come down here and try to stop me."

"He's trying to bait you two," Mako whispers.

"I don't care! We have to save them!" Korra shouts, and I agree with her.

I don't care if Amon takes my bending away at this point. We cannot let the only airbenders left in the world get their bending taken away!

"The Avatar needs to be reminded of the power I possess."

As Amon makes his way to Tenzin and the kids, Mako generates lightning and directs it to Amon. He dodges the blast and rolls over to the Lieutenant.

"Kitty," Mako calls to me and nods.

I know exactly what he wants me to do. I jump on his back and him and Korra use firebending to jump from where we are to the stage. Before landing, they both dodge the bolas thrown at us and send a barrage of firebending attacks to get the Equalists away from the airbenders, knocking one Equalist off the stage as the crowd disperses and runs away from the mayhem.