101: Nameless Sun's Cry

Începe de la început

He was also trying to make the people think, move, decide, and fight with all their might. Because sometimes, they didn't need to be saved, they needed to save themselves, too.

After a few days of silence and mourning, they buried the child.

"Tuloy pa ba 'yong pyesta?" tanong ni Biblee isang umaga habang kasama namin si Precious at Jessette. They were both starting to be their happy selves again. Naging sobrang tahimik din kasi nila nitong mga nakaraang araw.

"Oo, hindi pwedeng hindi matuloy 'yon." Biblee and I nodded because I thought they'd postpone it with what transpired but it looked like they were more determined to do it with the same reason why—because they lost an innocent child.

"Gustong-gusto no'ng batang 'yon ang pyesta, kaya naman para sa kanya, at sa buong Timog, gagawin namin 'yon. Pangako 'yon." Precious looked at the blazing sun in the sky that was not covered by any passing clouds. She reached out her hand and smiled melancholy.

"Isang araw... lalaya rin kami..." Jessette whispered gently. Biblee and I glanced at each other and we nodded. We would help them achieve that. The young ones should not experience what they were experiencing.

We continued helping for the festival. There was a festive air once again. And Akakios was going home happily because even though the Saude kept rejecting him, he was finally talking to him. Unlike before that, he'd only offer him silence.

The Saude couldn't deny that Akakios's words were going to make a change if it commenced, but he was still probably worried about his people. Their wants, and their views.

"I feel like the Saude wanted the plan, too," Akakios told me while we were making a big flower arc for the upcoming festival. Biblee and Akira were also doing one like us. We were in a huge covered court from the island's center part.

Nandito rin ang ibang mga taga-village, pero ang ilan naman nando'n sa pagdadausan ng pyesta. Sa may tutok at bandang bulubundukin daw ang celebration. In the church at the top of the hill, and the fields in there.

Because the South is composed of islands, it was really a good one. Biblee and I went there last week, and it was such a view. You'd see the richness of nature and how magnificent the South of Eviralle was, and it'd be more beautiful if only it were given its righteous funds and treatment.

"Really? If the Saude wanted the plan, then we are so near in convincing him!" masayang sabi ko naman at saka naglagay ng puting bulaklak sa arko. Akakios gave me an eye smile while he was fixing some leaves on the arc.

"I could see it in his eyes, he was also aching for a change, but I think something is stopping him..." he replied while staring in the air, then sighed. Napangiti naman ako kasi focus na focus s'ya sa pag-aayos ng arko.

"What do you think about the reason for his hesitation?" I questioned although I already knew the answer.

Akakios halted what he was doing and looked at the others who were working on their crafts. There was no Marquis people insight, nor they were around; people here already knew when they could move freely without them watching.

I traced Akakios's movements with my gaze and his eyes pointed out the people. "Them. The people." I beamed at him and nodded to agree.

"If the Saude is the only one who wants the change, it wouldn't really happen. Mostly if these people were hard-headed enough not to compromise. There would be no change, only a plan in vain. That's why I think... I should try to start persuading these people at the festival, too."

I raised my hand at him for a high-five and instead of doing it, I shrieked a little when I felt him pulled me inside his arms! Natumba tuloy kaming dalawa sa semento! I hit his chest light. "Akakios!" saway ko sa kanya.