𝟒𝟎. 𝐓𝐡𝐞 𝐩𝐚𝐢𝐧 𝐚𝐟𝐭𝐞𝐫

Start from the beginning

My head lifted from tucking in the sheet, "One for my head, the other to either hug or out between my legs so my back doesn't get sore." I said in a monotone voice then went back to my chore.

Out of the corner of my eye, i saw Luca look at James and say, "I know what else you can put between your legs."

Ayla and Luca sniggered whilst James and I went a similar complexion of a tomato. My breathing hitched, and my chest fell heavy.

"So it's safe to assume that it was one of your who was the mysterious 'match maker'?" James asked as we finished making the bed.

Luca and Ayla looked at each other with an identical smirk,
"Both of us." Ayla beamed as she skipped to pick up her phone.

James smiled and shook his head.

"Did it work?" Luca asked as we all walked to the door.

James raised an eyebrow, "Did what work?" He asked innocently then ran down the stairs.
Luca followed his lead, bolting down stairs and skidding a round the corner.

"Obviously it did." Ayla stepped in line with me as we slowly descended the stairs as the elegant girls we were taught to be.

"You alright Scarlet? You know you can talk to me." She asked as she grabbed onto the handrail and ran her hand along it.

I sighed and looked down, "I don't know. You obviously now know what James and i kissed last night. As happy as i was, the whole time a just had this swirling stomach feeling. I don't know what it was, but it hasn't gone away. I couldn't sleep last night either. Whenever i think fo the kiss, my chest get heavy and-" I shuddered in a needed breath,
"And i can't breathe properly... as you can probably tell."

My head stayed down as we reached the bottom of the stairs and turned the corner to the lounge room and kitchen.
"So you have no clue why it's happening?"

"Nope."

"I would have thought you'd be over the moon about you guys kissing. You've liked him since you were a child. You can cut through the tension with a knife!" She exclaimed as we sat down at the singing table next to the kitchen as the boys attempted to cook bacon and eggs.

I rested my elbows on the table, "I thought the same, but apparently not." My gaze landed the boy who supposedly caused this. He was trying to flip a pancake. It flew up in the air, and landed on the edge of the pan, sliding back in perfectly.

Ayla noticed my stare and tore my eyes away,
"Do you still like him?"

I nodded slowly, "Yeah, i think so."

"Talk to him." She said simply as the boys came over with a pile of pancakes and 4 plates hovering behind them.

"Breakfast is served my ladies." Luca wooed as he sat down beside me.

I need to take the high road. I need to talk to James.

We were all sat back in James' room about to watch a muggle movies called Spiderman Home Coming. We had all watched it before, and it was cold on a winters day. Perfect for a movie.

"James can you come with me to get snacks?" I asked quietly before he sat down. He pulled back from the bed and nodded.

I saw Luca smirk and wink to me. Ayla whacked his arm, and shook her head in a warning matter that what i was about to do wasn't a good snogging session, none the less a good thing.

James and I left in silence downstairs to the kitchen, and we opened the cupboard. He pulled out the snack draw, and passed me a big bag of popcorn, chocolate frogs, Jelly beans, and Honeydukes caramel fudge.

He pushed the draw back in, and was about to pick up half the snacks before i grabbed his forearm, "C-can we talk?" I stuttered and slowly let go.

"Yeah. We might need to." We both sat at the kitchen counter on stools.

"So, about last night," I started. I need to talk to him.
"I think it was a mistake."

I saw his face flash atleast 3 emotions at once, then turned to a confused expression for a moment scanning my face, then to a plain emotionless face.
His head fell down to the counter, looking at the marble lines, "Y-yeah. Agreed."

"I-it just gave me a feeling. I'm n-not sure what the feeling was, b-but i can't breath when i think about it a-and i just turn emotionless." I explained quickly wanting this to be over.

His head turned towards me, "Why?"

"I'm not sure. I-it kind of feels like when i think about when joshua-" I stopped and tried to grasp a breathe.

"I-i'm so sorry Scarlet. I didn't want to make you uncomfortable. I-i would never want to hurt you like that." He stuttered as he looked at me apologetically.

I gave him a small and tight reassuring smiled "It's not your fault."

He nodded slowly then picked up half the snacks,
"We better get back to the others." He said lowly, turning to leave.

I followed his lead, picked up the snacks and left back up stairs.

As the door opened, the pair both had worrisome looks glued on their faces as they watched us watch back into the room and place the snacks on the middle of the bed.

"You... alright?" Luca asked us both as he leant for the packet of popcorn.

We both shallowly nodded and sat down on the bed to watch the movie the pair had bought up.

The tension in the room was unbearable. You could cut it with a knife.

As we watched the movie, any fun scene that was suppose to make the audience laugh was skimmed over like it didn't happen.
Sad scenes got the same attention. We all had stone cold faces with no emotion.

This is why kissing James was a bad idea. Fucks with the group dynamic. We would have been fine if i didn't kiss him again.

As for my worrying chest pressure i get whenever i think about it, i still don't know what it is.

Why did it happen after James kissed me. Like the first time. It was after he kissed me. I had the feeling whilst i kissed him

It'll go away. I'm sure of it.