27

"Hyung, slow down! You'll get us killed. I told you i should have drive. Just pull up. Please. Let me drive."

"Seungmin, shut up. You're messing with my head and i don't need any of your scolding right now. So shut the fuck up." Minho growled.

Seungmim was taken a back by the older's response. Minho never shouted nor cursed at him before even though they were not that close. He could feel the negative aura that Minho radiated at that moment and the more reason he wanted to take the wheel from him. "But you're not on the right state to drive right now! And mom needs you!" Seungmin shouted while trying to pat his Mom's back who was already shaking from anxiety.

Minho fell silent. Deep inside he knew Seungmin was right. Millions of thoughts were already floating over his head. Series of mixed emotions were pilling up and he knew any moment he might explode. All the anger and resentment he collected through the years washed away after hearing the news awhile ago. All that's left is the feeling of sorrow, regret and longiness for his father. He wasn't ready to be left alone by his Dad. And he will never be ready.

"Fine. Take the wheel." Minho finally said in a breath. He parked the car on the side walk and quietly got out.

Their eyes met as they cross each other's path while exchanging seats. Seungmim let out a reassuring nod before opening the car door.

"Don't worry. I'll take you to your father in no time, safely."

Minho pat his back in return. He was secretly thankful for the younger. If it wasn't for the person taking the wheel right now, he might have lost his mind.

It must have been the adrenaline rush that kept him going because his knees fell weak after seeing his mother crying and shaking from the back seat. He realized he was being selfish. Thinking about himself alone that he forgot that the most important woman in his life was suffering from the situation aswell.

He held his mom into a tight hug and caressed her hair. "Don't cry mom. Shhh. Dad will be alright. He's strong. You know him. He's a tough cookie. He'll be okay."

Minho couldn't help himself, he drifted into his own memory lane. Reminiscing the time he spent together with his blended family. He dug deep to remember if he ever had a single memory of happiness with his dad for the past year after he left them.

His parents' relationship might not have turned out like how he dreamt it to be but it was still something special. Best friends forced into an arrange marriage both were opposed to but eventually turned into lovers, and Minho is the living proof of the love that gradually blossomed despite the unfortunate path his grandparents has chose for them. Eventually broke up but still remained as each other's best friends till this day.

4 years ago, Minho's mom finally married Kim Juhkyun, a retired army turned into a successful business man at the age of 50. Originally based in the USA, they transferred to South Korea, together with his only son, Kim Seungmin, to settle permanently with them.

Seungmin's dad and Minho's dad were civil with each other. Jealousy was never in the picture. They both knew each other's boundaries and that's the key reason why their relationship as a complicated family wasn't that complicated at all.

Minho snapped back from reality when his car abruptly stopped infront of the most prestigious and well known hospital of the country. The area was unfamiliar to him now after not visiting for 2 whole weeks when the school year started. And now he regretted every single minute he didn't spent together with his Dad.

They enter the hospital practically speed running. Mrs. Kim spots a familiar nurse she has been seeing for awhile whenever she visits her ex husband.